Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Sailor Moon EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Sailor Moon EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Sailor Moon EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Sailor Moon EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Sailor Moon EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Sailor Moon EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Sailor Moon EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Sailor Moon EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Sailor Moon EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sailor Moon

Go down 
+6
Kinnison
ELIE-3173
MoonPrincess
IreneFaye
Miss Nile
phoenixgirl
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:49 am

Hi all,

We really do need to fill this place up with more topics so here I am, doing my best. Wink

Anyway, I'd like to start off with one of my favorite animes from long ago, which is Sailor Moon. Long before I was ever into Gundam Seed and all that, I really liked Sailor Moon. I'm all into the good vs. evil battle (perhaps today, I'm still into it lol). I like the concept of teenage girls using supernatural powers to fight against evil (which are usually dark creatures). And of course, Tuxedo Mask is totally cool. Very Happy

So has anyone watched it or even checked out the manga? Any favorite character or episode?
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:24 am

Oh Thanks Phoenix.Wink

Well, I did hear about this anime before, but I never actually watched, but I might want to have a look.Wink
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:42 am

@Love:

Yup, it's a good anime. I have a feeling that you'll like it. Very Happy

I believe that there are full length episodes of it on Veoh. YouTube has them, too, but I like Veoh better since it shows full length episodes rather than have the episodes cut off like after 15 minutes into it. lol
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:16 am

I've read it, watch it, even watch the live action version bout it!
Okay, this is the first anime I watch when I was still about seven years old(I found out that I shouldn't watch it on that age now). and of course I like it. I just found out that it has 200 episodes (lol crunchyroll sure work hard to colect all of the episode), I read the manga too.
I used to copying Usagi hairstyle when I was a child but now, I cut my hair and prefer watching bleach, naruto, and deathnote than this type of anime. But sure I like it, even now I like to watch some of the episode to bring back memories!
It sure a very nice anime.
Back to top Go down
MoonPrincess
MoonPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 177
Title : Moon Rose Of The Mystic Garden

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:24 am

Yeah I totally love Sailor Moon, it`s my fav anime and manga, and PGSM and I love those musicals SeraMyu, just I`m sad cause they`re finished so I`ll never see one in live Sad I guess I`m like phoenix, I love the story. Teen girls have magical powers, they are fighting against evil and also at the same time they are only girls and they have problems like every other ordinary girl. And I`m totally in love in Tuxedo Mask, which is kind of weird `cause I`m 24 years old lol Very Happy

I like the thing that you can learn many thing from this anime about life, about problems, how to solve them, about love (it is so romantic). And I love the muisic from SM it`s so beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye
IreneFaye

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 am

then have you watch the live action version of it, Tuxedo kamen there is so cute!!!
Back to top Go down
MoonPrincess
MoonPrincess

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:14 pm

Yeah I`ve seen PGSM and I know what you think, he sure is cute lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:17 am

@Fuu & Moony
He's cute alright XD lol...Did you see the special episode on how Mamoru told Usagi a story of how he become Tuxedo Kamen with a magical bandaid? That was a hilarious scene on how Mamoru "transforms" to Tuxedo Kamen XD I was "rofl" all the way...
Back to top Go down
Kinnison
Kinnison

Male
Number of posts : 842
Title : Master Hunter
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:21 am

I heard of the Sailormoon anime. Somehow I managed to study its story plot. (Of normal episodes)

Happiness > Enemy pop up > Threatens the safety of citizens > Sailomoon make-up > In trouble > Rose flies out like dart > Mamoru appears and left > Sailormoon got back all the fighting spirit > Enemy defeat > Hapiness

*Repeat for next episode*

I couldn't recall which series is it, but in there Mamoru appears in arabic attire rather than tuxedo.
Back to top Go down
http://kinnsproduction.ipbfree.net
aislingyngaio
aislingyngaio

Female
Number of posts : 35

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:39 am

The Moonlight Knight appeared in the beginning of Season 2 (Season R) as a filler while the manga author finishes the manga. The Doom Tree arc never appeared in the manga.

Hey, Kinnison, did you see the ep where the rose didn't work? I think it was somewhere in the middle of the 4th season, where the balloon just rolled over the rose XD it's like ROFL. and anyway, it's SM who has to save TM in battle more in the manga Razz since TM in the manga didn't have rose throwing or flying abilities Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://houseofngaio.byethost6.com
IreneFaye
IreneFaye

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 9:19 am

@Elie: Yeah, I've watch it, and I realy can't belief what I see there, how. . ., I mean a band aid change him into it afterall? But Oh well, chibi Mamoru is cute too (I mean the boy ver one hehehe)
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 am

@Aisling
I liked the Doom Tree Arc (I never really knew what Arc it was actually called XD) Nothing like some love rivalry to spice up the show a little. Razz The siblings were all over Usagi and Mamoru, the sister was crazy about Mamoru while the brother was nuts about Usagi. I liked how this arc ended, especially the Mamoru-Usagi bit. I can't fully remember it, but I remembered it was hilarious XD

As for the different versions of Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, I like the manga version much better. He was much romantic and all compared to the anime counterpart. In the manga, Tuxedo Mask has some special attacks, I remembered one was Tuxedo Smoking bomber (or something like that, an attack of smoke bomb blasts).

@Fuu
That was totally hilarious...Usagi got tricked into believing that the band aid was really magical@ XD
Back to top Go down
MoonPrincess
MoonPrincess

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:33 pm

@Elie I totally agree, I prefer manga Mamoru, anime and last PGSM. I mean that guy was such a babe but in PGSM it seems that Mamoru is not so romantic like in anime and manga Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anarch

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Oddly enough, I really enjoy the SeraMyu, I wish I could find hiqual subs, I used to have a couple decent ones on DVD, but I lost them, there's a good youtube channel, sailorwarsupreme I think which has a bunch, even the best Moon's final performance, very emotional.

I only saw up to the dark sailor mercury in PGSM, and I'm following StarryHeaven's new scanlation of the Japanese rerelease. I STILL haven't seen R or SuperS in the anime though...
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:55 am

i love sailor moon, but i didn't had the chance to finish the series.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:30 am

Hi Anarch,

It's good to see a new member here. Smile

I read your post and I'm a bit confused since I watched most of the Sailor Moon episodes. I don't remember Sailor Mercury becoming dark although I think Sailor Saturn was for a time. Are you referring to her?
Back to top Go down
Anarch

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Ah, sorry, I mean in PGSM the live action Sailor Moon. The plot was a bit different, and Sailor Mercury was turned dark for a time if I recall correctly.

I double checked and it seems from ep 21 to 28 she turned evil, so I think the last ep I saw was probably 21.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Mercury#Dark_Mercury
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:22 am

Ahhh I see now. I never watched the live action version before. It's quite interesting to read up about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male
Number of posts : 496
Title : The Omega Weapon
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:07 am

Hm...Sailor moon was a wonderful anime. wasnt there some down sides to the anime that some parents didnt consider there children to watch?"

Over all, over dramatic i actually Loved Sailor moon when i was young...

...A Bit embarrased admitting that though *^_^*;
Back to top Go down
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Anime_Marai/index.php?act=idx
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 5:05 am

Hmm, I never heard of the downsides but I'm guessing that any protest would have to do with the final season of Sailor Moon. I never got a chance to see it myself but there was an issue that some religious people probably wouldn't approve of. (I guess that's why they never showed it in the US.)
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye
IreneFaye

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:04 am

@Anarch: Yes Mercury turned dark but well she turn back again later, and in the end Usagi and Mamoru live happily ever after (they got merried in the movie one).
I don't realy remember how much episode are there, I think it's less or more then 30 episode. Hmm. . .well I colected all the episode though Smile
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am

@Phoenix
In the last season, there was a trio group senshi called the Starlights. They were females but were able to transform into males (in the anime) One of them was in fell in love with Usagi. I think they (the American company--Viz?) couldn't come up with a covered up story like how the "cover" for the relationship between Michiru (Sailor Neptune) and Haruka (Sailor Uranus).

I think that was the reason why the last season never made it to most countries....But I saw dvds on the last season being released her, I think by Viz video or something? (didn't quite pay attention to the company that released it)
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 am

@ELIE:

I see. Yeah, for some reason, the US tends to be quite strict on those kinds of matters. Once I moved here, I found that anime isn't nearly quite as restricted, which can be a good and bad thing at the same time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male
Number of posts : 496
Title : The Omega Weapon
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 3:27 pm

I see.

I think it was taken off Air for a reason as well as that. these days i dont see it here in america anymore...i think.

Here's Wikipedia's input:

The Sailor Moon anime was originally planned to run for only six months, but was extended repeatedly due to its popularity, concluding after a five-year run.[33] In Japan, it aired every Saturday night in prime time,[5][34] getting TV viewership ratings around 11-12% for most of the series run.[5][35] The media franchise is one of the most successful Japan has ever had, reaching 1.5 billion dollars in merchandise sales during the first three years. Ten years after the series completion, the series has featured among the top thirty of TV Asahi's Top 100 Anime polls in 2005 and 2006.[11][12] The anime series won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize in 1992.

Sailor Moon has also been popular internationally. The first dubbed version was made in France, premiering on Club DorothĂ©e in December 1993.[36][unreliable source?] Other countries followed suit, including South Korea, Italy, Spain, and China (Hong Kong), before it was picked up for a North American adaptation. It is credited as being the beginning of a wider movement of girls taking up shōjo manga.[37][38] In 2001, the Sailor Moon manga was Tokyopop's best selling property, outselling the next-best selling titles by at least a factor of 1.5.[39]

The anime series has been commended for its portrayal of strong friendships,[40] as well as for "memorable characters", "charm", and an ability to appeal on a wide level.[41][unreliable source?] It is credited with changing the genre of magical girls—its heroine must use her powers to fight evil, not simply to have fun as previous magical girls had done.[42] According to Martha Cornog and Timothy Perper, Sailor Moon became popular because of its "strongly-plotted action with fight scenes, rescues" and its "emphasis on feelings and relationships", including some "sexy romance" between Usagi and Mamoru.[43] In contrast, Sailor Moon is also sometimes considered campy and melodramatic,[41] and has been criticised for its use of formulaic plots, monsters of the day,[44] and stock footage.[45]

In the West, Sailor Moon is sometimes associated with the Girl Power movement and with empowering its viewers.[37] As such, it has been compared both favorably and unfavorably[clarify] with Barbie,[46] Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,[5][40] Buffy the Vampire Slayer,[47] and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.[48]

Drazen notes that Sailor Moon has two kinds of villains, the Monster of the Day and the "thinking, feeling, humans". Although this is common in anime and manga, it is "almost unheard of in the West".[49] Despite the series' apparent popularity among Western anime fandom, the dubbed version of the series received poor ratings in the United States and did not do well in DVD sales in the United Kingdom.[50] Anne Allison attributes the lack of popularity in the United States primarily to poor marketing (in the United States, the series was initially broadcast at times which did not suit the target audience - weekdays at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 pm). Executives connected with Sailor Moon suggest that poor localization played a role.[7] Helen McCarthy and Jonathan Clements go further, calling the dub "indifferent", and suggesting that Sailor Moon was put in "dead" timeslots due to local interests.[51] The British distributor, MVM Films, has attributed the poor sales to the United Kingdom release being of the dub only, and that major retailers refused to support the show leading to the DVD release appealing to neither children nor older anime fans.[50]

In English-speaking countries, Sailor Moon developed a cult following amongst male university students,[5] and Drazen considers that the Internet was a new medium that fans used to communicate and played a role in the popularity of Sailor Moon.[47] In a United States study, children paid rapt attention to the fighting scenes in Sailor Moon, although when questioned if Sailor Moon was "violent" only two would say yes, the other ten preferring to describe the episodes as "soft" or "cute".[52]

The manga won the Kodansha Manga Award in 1993 for shōjo.[53] Sales of Sailor Moon's fashion dolls overtook that of Licca-chan in the 1990s; Mattel suggested that this was due to the "fashion-action" blend of the Sailor Moon storyline. Doll accessories included both fashion items and the Senshi's weapons.[7]

Although both the manga and the anime were released in Mexico, pressure from a Catholic parents' group led to both being taken off the market.[54]
Back to top Go down
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Anime_Marai/index.php?act=idx
MoonPrincess
MoonPrincess

Female

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 am

I love Sailor Moonnnnnnn Very Happy
Yes there was a Dark Mercury in PGSM , here is a pic:

Spoiler:

~ Put the image in a spoiler because it's huge. ~ Love
I really hate the American dub (no offence dub lovers), first of all the voices are so annoying and irritating, second the storyline... They made a childish cartoon from something that is ment to be a teen and adult anime.

About Sailor Stars season, I've read that the real reason for not airing the season in USA, is that the Japanese never allowed them to buy the rights cause they made so many changes to the first four seasons.

Sailor Stars in the most hilarious season and it's a pity that some of you never saw it, that's why I'll post a link where you can download all Sailor Moon episodes, including PGSM, Sera Myu, manga and everything that is connected with the story Wink

http://www.sailormoonfansubs.com/forum.php[i]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon   Sailor Moon Empty

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next