Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself

Go down 
+3
phoenixgirl
Kinnison
Kaisuto
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 am

Hey im basically adressing the recent rise in hacking of accounts, yahoo, myspace, and all other types of profiles you may have. as a former hacker i know pretty much what and how they do the things they do, so to reduce the chance of you getting hacked try these helpful tips

1. Try to change you password as often as you can, trust me hackers dont like to really hack people with a consistant changing password account.
2. Most hackers are actually noobies that are just lucky enough to get ip generators from certain websites, if so then yo may ask how to prevent that, simple actually. all you do is make sure that your personal firewall is always running, if it says it has been breached and to shut it down for repair, DO NOT UNLESS YOUR BACKUP IS RUNNING!
3. The most common of hacking is used by my favorite german made program Brutus password cracker (or something like that) be aware there is no proper way to stop this program so its best to make more that one account, like a backup.
and lastly
4.This is the most single stupidest mistake yet most people fall for it, if an add tells you to give them your account and password then of course its a scam. scammers are noobs that just dont know how to hack so they, like noobs, ask for your information, pretty stupid huh?

i assure you if you do these things you will be very hard to hack. if you have any questions just Pm me or post it here.
Back to top Go down
Kinnison
Kinnison

Male
Number of posts : 842
Title : Master Hunter
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Just about yesterday one of my friends discovered a harmful site that teaches people how to hack into e-mail accounts, it isn't a nicest idea to look at it or even try doing it. Good thing my friend is a bit dim so he quit after the first step.
Back to top Go down
http://kinnsproduction.ipbfree.net
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks for the helpful info, Kaisuto. This reminds me of what happened last week on Facebook. Someone tried to get my Facebook info by making me go on this bogus site but I had a feeling that something was off about it and I had one of my friends whose a comp expert and has hacking skills, too, (although he doesn't use them) check it out and he told me that the site was trying to get Facebook members to expose their account info. Meh, I reported that bogus site right away to my ISP and hopefully, that place will be shut down.

People should report such bogus sites to their ISPs if they find them right away. It's just a lot of craziness that happens nowadays. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:23 am

true, that why im here though to make sure nothing like that happenes here Smile
Back to top Go down
Kinnison
Kinnison

Male
Number of posts : 842
Title : Master Hunter
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Basically the first step to prevent yourself from accidentally entered a bogus site and submitted info in it is to check its web address. Check if the address is spelled right (ie: Facebook might be bogus if its spelled "Fecebook" or "Fecabook")

Also, always have your browser's status bar turn on. Click "View" on the top and check the "Status Bar" button. When you highlight a link, there will be the URL of it appear on the lower left side of the screen, right above the Start button. Some people will disguise the link with a particular subject like "Click Here" or with the actual URL like "Facebook.com.

(Well, forget about reading this post further if you already know. Whatever's below is intended
for those who doesn't know about whatever's above means Razz)

Lets try it out with the following, just land your mouse on the links and look at its actual URL on the lower left. Smile

www.yahoo.com

Click Here!
Back to top Go down
http://kinnsproduction.ipbfree.net
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 am

I'll add some other helpful info since I learned a few things since then. Wink

Probably myspace has a similar function but on Facebook, if you suspect that someone is posting something really weird on your wall (like posting a bogus site), you can click on the option link next to that post and have it reported. That way, a staff member from that social networking site can investigate the issue and handle it right away.
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:30 am

well i cant really release the method o how they get rid of the site's, thats classefied Cool

but just know to look into it carefully
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:48 am

Aside from harmful links and sites, you'll have to be wary of e-mails that claim you are their grand prize winner or regarding a purchase or bank account you've recently open. These are some of the tricks up their sleeves...Some of the banks like Scotland Bank might be real, but the sender is a phoony. Looking at the sender's e-mail, you can tell that something is off since they did not use a formal looking e-mail for formal matters. Doesn't it sound fishy to have some company's employee send you e-mails regarding formal matters through their own private e-mail? I've even received mail from E-Bay regarding purchases that I made---which in reality I had never even know of! Thank goodness I've never given any details on such sites so I don't have to worry about them stealing money from my bank account or credit card. One reason why I don't quite fancy online purchases or payments.
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:37 am

Thats true as well, one place this happens alot is ebay. people sell bogus stuff and trick you, if you buy something from ebay please read the description.
Back to top Go down
seraphic22
seraphic22

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 pm

I have studied security so I can go on for ages about ways to protect yourself but the easiest ways are:

-Use firewall
-Make unique alphanumeric passwords of at least 8 characters long
-Create a unique password for every important site (most people recommend every site, that is very inconvenient so only do it for important sites)
-Always check the URL before logging into a site
-NEVER give any details out over email
-see above but extend that onto irc and IM
-Virus scan
-Be very careful logging into any site on a public computer.

That's about it. I could start lecturing about proper habits but my fiancee just got home and I can't be bothered right now anyway
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:58 am

uh, questions please, i really never tried hacking accounts (because i only hack games) so i will ask some questions....

1. why in hell would people hack accounts in myspace, friendster, facebook etc.?
2. what will they gain in hacking accounts? duh! if i would hack an account i would hack online game accounts, or paypal accounts not online community accounts.
3. why will people believe adds asking for passwords? i think only a person with a brain the size of a peanut believe that.

well thats three of it. hehehe.

@Phoenix
well i think even though it will be shut down, there are like millions of that website and more dangerous sites like it. so a simple shut down won't do. its the internet anything can happen.

@Kai
good tips, and i think nothing will really happen to the site.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:16 am

@Aya:

To answer one of your questions, I believe that a reason hackers will try to get into people's social networking profiles is that some people upload their personal information on it, like addresses, telephone numbers, etc. Now I don't do that simply because I have trust issues and all that. (And they've really been tested the past several months so I have a more negative view of people than I usually would.)

And to address my post, I have to disagree with you on this. I have very reliable information saying that you have to report any site that is suspicious. It can get shut down if it's believed that it's trying to get personal information about people online. If you don't believe me, you can contact your ISP and they can tell you how to deal with such sites like that.

And it's not that people are stupid to give passwords and all. They may simply be ignorant and not know how to protect themselves. I mean, look at children. I wouldn't call them stupid for not knowing how to protect themselves. And even for the elderly, they didn't grow up in the Internet age so they may not be aware of this kind of stuff. As for me, I only found out about the Internet when I entered university so it's not like I grew up on the technology, either, but obviously I've learned since then.

So just remember that there are those out there who do not know how dangerous certain sites can be, etc. It's just like out in the real world-just be careful of who you trust and how to protect yourself.
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 am

@Seraphic
Looks like Mr. lecturer sir, got distracted Razz Feel free to share with us when you have time to spare Very Happy

@Aya
There are people who fall for schemes no matter how well educated they are. I've read and seen tons of news regarding some well-to-do and well-educated get duped by get rich schemes and online contest. Many are duped to believed that they will get their prize if they did as they were totall. Sometimes one wanders if they were naive or just plain stupid.

If those things were for real, I'll be a millionaire by now. I've received quite a number of "Congratulations! You've won AUS$1million lottery..." or "Congrats! You are the grand prize winner of $10,000 from *name of well known company*" via e-mail, text message ^^;
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:20 am

me to i have tried millions of those ads and e-mails but i never viewed or visited it.
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:26 am

Yea, since i am a hacker i know that many people have different reason's for hacking. i hacked to get things back for my friends on www.gaiaonline.com most others hack just because of then not liking somene of wanting to be apart of the crowd. but alot of hackers know this is where im usually at s they will stay away. truth is all hackers keep in contact with each other through various forums and sites in the Undernet.
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 am

Gaia? thats like the hardest online community to hack. even professionals can't fully hack it. they can only hack the games, your even lucky if you hacked an account. its like hard hacking the place.
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:50 am

not really XP. Gaia hacking is childs paly of you have the right program. i really enjoyed scripting in rally's. my name was Zero back then. but the truth is my friend (he's a hacker who use to script with me) he and his buddy's have almost broken the new program protection they put up to prevent it. the program that we used to do so much hacking was WPE Pro. its very confusing to use unless someone teaches yo and gives you the 4 by 4.
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:32 am

uh........ ok
Back to top Go down
-Jester-
-Jester-

Male
Number of posts : 155
Title : cUte gUy
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:38 am

yeah, so you mean your keeping the forum safe from your kinds. didn't you say you were a hacker. and now you warn people about what you do. your funny man.
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 am

Ive changed from back then, im not the same as back then....back then i had a different reason for what i did, i admit it was wrong and fuled by pure hatred for others. but that all changed regardless if you believe what i say or not has no real effect on me. True love for someone changes a man, and i guess you wouldnt understand untill you experience it.
Back to top Go down
-Jester-
-Jester-

Male
Number of posts : 155
Title : cUte gUy
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 8:59 pm

huh. im also a hacker but i don't do any harm. i hack online games. but i didn't hack an account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself   IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT! rise in Hacking, how to protect yourself
Page 1 of 1