Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Internet Bullying EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Internet Bullying EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Internet Bullying EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Internet Bullying EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Internet Bullying EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Internet Bullying EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Internet Bullying EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Internet Bullying EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Internet Bullying EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Internet Bullying

Go down 
+2
Miss Nile
phoenixgirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 4:04 am

Hi everyone,

I wonder where everyone else is. It feels like a ghost town here. Shocked

Anyway, another topic by me to spark some life here. Wink

I wanted to bring some attention to the subject of Internet bullying. This isn't really a debate but more of a serious discussion topic so I thought that it was appropriate to make a thread here. As some of you know, I was recently a victim of Internet bullying on a certain site that shall remain nameless. Well, I thought that there was nothing that could be done to curb such behavior. However, I've been doing some research on the subject and there are people out there who can help victims of such bullying.

I was pretty shocked to find out some statistics regarding Internet bullying. Experts say that it's worse than bullying in real life. Also, a percentage of people (particularly teenagers) have committed suicide because of such Internet bullying.

All I will say on the subject is that this needs to be brought to people's attention. Fortunately, I haven't seen such behavior here (and if I did, I'd stop it right away) but since it's happened on another site, I do not wish there to be another victim of such behavior. So I will say that if anyone is a victim of such bullying or is a witness to such behavior, you don't have to sit there and take it. There is help out there, both online and in the real world. I've found some sites that will help those regarding the subject. I've taken some steps myself because I was a victim of bullying and I will follow through and see where they take me.

And if there is any such behavior going on here, always let a mod or admin know and it will be taken care of right away. Unlike some other places, such behavior is never tolerated here.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:07 am

Wow, now you go! Wink

Well, there is nothing like that allowed here, if I seen such a thing, you won't wanna know what will happen! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 5:03 am

Thanks, Love. I thought it was important to bring some attention to an issue. I had no idea how serious it was until I started checking on the Internet about the subject. Now let's just say that I'm determined to bring some public attention to this. It may be too late to do anything regarding me but I certainly wouldn't want to see future victims and all. Wink

And I think I wouldn't want to know what you would do if I committed such behavior (not that I would unlike some other people out there who shall remain nameless but yet get away with such behavior). Razz
Back to top Go down
talia
talia

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am

Well i am glad there is no bulling here and Even if someone does try it On that certain site We can leave and talk to each other here Smile

Or get some help Smile

But phoenix dont worry as at some point they`ll have to pay for their mistakes Smile
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male
Number of posts : 496
Title : The Omega Weapon
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Hehe. Perhaps you can change internet history and get these misbehavior's off the internet.

=3
Back to top Go down
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Anime_Marai/index.php?act=idx
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:29 am

@Omega:

Well, I shall try my best. I know that there are some local laws that prohibit such online bullying and punishments for them. Nothing national yet, though. I'm not sure what I can do on the legal front but I'd like to bring some more public attention to the issue. That way, people can be informed about how serious it is and all. Wink
Back to top Go down
talia
talia

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:49 am

Well never give up phoenix you knwo that one person can change the world and i would really like to help you in your fight Smile
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 5:53 am

Thanks, Talia. I appreciate the support and all. Smile Hug
Back to top Go down
talia
talia

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 am

No prob thats what friends are for
Back to top Go down
lillyofthewest
lillyofthewest

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 am

I guess the real problem is so much of it is done privately through pms where others don't witness it and can't intervene plus some people have power issues like they think they own the site since they been there since dawn began and it's hard for others as they think that some how these people have a right to say what they want and don't know where to get support
Back to top Go down
Anarch

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Personally I DON'T believe internet bullying is that big of a deal. You can look at statistics but they can be made to say anything, at one time they were used to say cigarettes were good for you, before we all smartened up.

The issue here, is not the bullying itself, bullying itself depends entirely on ones mental and emotional situation.

The reason bullying is "worse" on the internet is it has a sense of anonimity, you can't see who you are making fun of, and it gives you internet toughguy syndrome. So people are bullied worse online.

The problem is a lot of kids who might get bullied at school really put their hearts into the internet, as a refuge from real life. These people are emotionally fragile, and as such, internet bullying, a form of bullying which takes place in their online refuge, could be seen as destroying their hope. If they are bullied even in their refuge, where else do they have to go? This takes already depressed, emotionally fragile kids and teens, and in some cases adults, and can lead to suicidal thought, and perhaps even suicide.

Personally, focusing on the bullying aspect is treating the symptom and not the cause. The kids who would commit suicide from internet bullying are already fragile and in trouble. These kids need help. If the internet is their refuge, perhaps they have a troubled school/family life that needs addressing, or perhaps a form of social anxiety disorder which needs to be overcome. If the internet was a communication tool, and not a refuge from real life, bullying online wouldn't BE a big deal. People usually (not always) turn to suicide when things seem hopeless. They see no way out of the situation, and have no hope for the future, and want out. If the internet wasn't the only place they felt they had left, they wouldn't be suicidal when it gets attacked.

Of course this isn't always the case, but for the most part, that's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:38 am

@Anarch:

I see what you're saying and I certainly respect your take on this matter. Smile

I don't think, though, that such bullies should be allowed to get away with that kind of behavior. The problem with online bullying is exactly that it allows the offender anonymity so they think that they can get away with it without there being any repercussions. The way that I try to treat people is assuming that they're not all going to be tough. I assume that they'll have opinions but convey them in a respectful manner. Now what tends to irk me is when such people don't do that and reduce themselves to hurting others because they feel so insecure about themselves.

But what irritates me more is when some people say that victims of bullying "deserved" it because no one deserves to be bullied, no matter what that person has done to supposedly deserve such behavior. There was such a person who implied that and I no longer have respect for her because of it. To me, that's kind of like saying that victims of crime (such as rape, homicide, etc.) deserved it and that's just ridiculous.

And the bullying happens everywhere, whether online, school, or even in the workplace. I found out that bullying is quite serious in the workplace and unfortunately, some bosses are pretty incompetent and won't do anything to stop it. In the long run, I'm hoping for there to be laws in this place that will stop this kind of behavior for good and it's one of the social causes that I'm working on whenever I have time.
Back to top Go down
Anarch

Male

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 7:38 pm

I can agree that no-one deserves to be bullied, but trying to liken it to murder or rape is a bit too much I think.

On the point of laws, As an anarchist, I have to disagree on principle.
There could be RULES against bullying, because as an anarchist, I also feel people shouldn't have the right to act in a way that infringes on someone else's rights, unless by limiting that persons freedoms, the rights being protected are worth less.

Basically, bullying infringes on a persons right to happiness.
Not being allowed to bully infringes on a person's right to infringe other peoples rights.

Therefore, by prohibiting bullying, the rights being protected are more than worth the rights being stopped.

However, what do you think the punishment for bullying should be? Prison time? community service? a fine?
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:10 pm

So...whatcha saying Mr.Anarch is that if we only yeild to online bullying, we only become that which you/she/him seek to stop, when we attempt to fight, we again end up, in some sense, like them depending on our actions. And left alone without giving people that wisedom that there is a new future, leaves those which could be our dear friends, siblings and loved ones in total dispair and possible Lead to self-suicidal temptations.

But coming to the aid with that new hope and helping those who are lost in the misguided concept that C. Bullying can have a chance to be given a second chance, and those who suffer under those who bring others down and build themselves up is the only thing we can do?
Back to top Go down
Anarch

Male

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 pm

it depends on how we react to bullying.

Stopping the bully in my opinion is a good thing. Because that bully is making someone unhappy, and that's infringing on that person's rights.

Stopping the bullies right to bully other people is acceptable, because the only freedom being stopped is a freedom that hurts others without their consent.

However, if we react to bullying TOO harshly, then we may be ostracizing the bully, and doing the same to them, and I'm not a believer of eye for an eye tooth for a tooth.

Stopping it is important, but bullies are people too, so it has to be stopped in a way which doesn't infringe TOO much on the bully.
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Hm... I see.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:46 am

@Anarch:

I kind of see what you're saying although parts of the previous post after mine were a bit confusing. (The anarchy part and all.)

I would ask for your opinion about this then. Let's say that there was a rule against bullying. For example, if someone is caught bullying another member online, the rule is that the offender is banned for a month from the site. But for some reason, the site owner doesn't ban that person. Isn't that kind of hypocritical to have such a rule if it doesn't bother to be enforced? Shouldn't that site just get rid of such a rule altogether?

On the connection regarding how serious bullying is, I think those who don't really understand the serious nature of it haven't really experienced it to a full extent or haven't done enough research on it. After I was bullied on another site, I did some research on the subject and found out only then how serious such an issue is today. There are those out there who have committed suicide because they were bullied and saying that those offenders shouldn't be punished isn't really right, in my opinion. In the UK, criminal charges are pressed by the government for such online bullying. Also, victims have rights to legal counsel if such things happen. I wish for that to happen in other countries.

Personally, if I can see the bully getting punished and others see it, too (not to the point of ostracizing-I do agree on that point), then I don't think it needs to go any further. What bothers me is when they aren't punished or given only slaps on the wrist because I've seen the psychological effects that such bullies have. I equate such people to viruses. They infect whomever they want without any remorse or thought behind the acts.

Anyway, I've done a lot of research on the subject of bullying so I can give references and such if you want to see the facts (although you can google for them as well). I'd recommend checking out some sites and groups that inform people about bullying and the serious nature behind the acts. Then it can be fair to give such judgment about the matter.

What I'm doing long term is trying to pass for more laws regarding this issue, seeing as how serious it is. I'm working with some organizations on this matter and hoping that things don't get covered up. (I can't stand when people would hide the truth rather than confront it or for that matter, when people tell lies about others.)

And before anyone says it, I'm not being too emotional about it. I'm just taking the matter more seriously than some others, seeing as how much hurt it has affected those whom I care about. Wink
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 am

You kidding me? On furcadia i was almost online raped.

Never going there, turning into a pervert game.

But...hm...

Well we must bring ease to those who suffered and offer compassion and mercy, even to our enemies who dont deserve it. All we can hope is that they turn around. everyone has a right to choose how there life goes, but that doesnt mean what they chose to do is set in stone.

I ...LAcked that alot when i first heard of God

The rest...well..made me who i am today.

We can't expect perfection out of everyone cause if we keep making more rules till they are controlled into doing the right thing, there would be a out break.

...How come i said that i'll never know.

If a heart is to turn is a heart to be broken of its unstable foundation, but only by its own will it would allow another to change it.

You can never bend a heart built on wrong foundations, it must make take a new path to a new future, or believe its headed for darkness, and never know what friends he could have out of the ones he/she tortured for so long.

Removed the final part-I'm locking this topic and sending a PM about this matter. ~phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Internet Bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Bullying   Internet Bullying Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet Bullying
Page 1 of 1