Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Looking for another book(s) to read EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Looking for another book(s) to read EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Looking for another book(s) to read EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Looking for another book(s) to read

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Looking for another book(s) to read Empty
PostSubject: Looking for another book(s) to read   Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:08 am

So I'm posting this topic in the general area rather than under the books subforum since it's not really about any specific book or series of books. I'm looking for some opinions on what books(s) would be good to read next. Recently, I finished The Hunger Games series and absolutely loved it. I might post an opinion about it sometime if anyone's interested.

But now I'm looking for a new book or series to read. I'm considering starting the Harry Potter series. Kind of weird that I've never completely read it although I've read some of the books and snippets here and there. I've never had the time and 7 books did seem awfully daunting although I might be ready to tackle it.

So yup, I'm looking for something new to read although I'd like to avoid books like Twilight. The genre has never appealed to me and I personally don't get why a lot of people like it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Looking for another book(s) to read   Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:26 am

Hi phoenix,

I would love to recommend some books to you myself but I haven't had the time to read recently. I should definitely go back to it when I have some time, though. XD

Anyhow, there is a thread on another forum with quite lots of suggestions and information about some pretty good books. Here you go,

Click Here

Other than that, there is a play called "All My Sons" which I read a couple of years ago. It's reasonably short (taken that it's a play) and it's pretty good.

Hope this helps. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
Ruffi
Ruffi

Female
Number of posts : 90
Title : The Thief of Mind
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for another book(s) to read   Looking for another book(s) to read EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:00 am

Classical literature, I suppose? :] I don't know about you, but I absolutely loved Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I even got the original in French and I am starting to read it once again in original.
If you've never read them, I highly recommend you do. It's fantastic.

Also, I have only started this series called "The Eldarn Sequence". It is written by Rob Scott and Jay Gordon (but I am pretty sure one of the three volumes is written by only one of them). It consists of three volumes "The Hickory Staff", "Lessek's Key" and "The Larion Senators" and I only recently finished the second volume. As far as I know, the third one was published in 2007, so I think that is the last one. About the plot, it's about a bunch of people that travel to another world through a portal and end up releasing a demon and then have to race between our world and theirs to catch it. It's really neat and I recommend it (it has mild swearing though). So if you like fantasy, I think this is most fitting.

You might want to try "Aztec" and "Venom" by Colin Falconer. They are both amazing, though unrelated to eachother.

What else... "Sans famille" by Hector Malot? It is really nice also. I have a thing for French and British authors XD

Oh and basically everything by Jack London and Agatha Christie XDD
Back to top Go down
http://fluffymechanism.tumblr.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking for another book(s) to read   Looking for another book(s) to read EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to read next but after some thinking, I decided to go ahead and start the Harry Potter series even though it's a bit of a long series. I'm starting the first book and am liking it so far. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for another book(s) to read   Looking for another book(s) to read Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for another book(s) to read
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General-
Jump to: