Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:34 am

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] LovesEvilMelodies

Introduction and Author's Notes:

This is a an hour long game I am working on currently for a contest on HBGames.org. I'd like to win that contest, or at least give it a try, and have some fun in the process.

I would really appreciate it if people commented on the originality of the story and concept. I always like to be original, but for some reason I can't get that feeling here. If any suggestions would help improving this and making it a little bit more unique, I will really appreciate it and of course, you will be in the credits.

Story:

“Ophelia” is an old lady who used to be a very talented priestess in the terms of singing. She had the most beautiful voice on lands, that with her singing powers she could make the animals come to her temple’s garden, heal the wounded asking her for help and grow the flowers blooming the roses. She lived happily and peacefully and asked for nothing but for the happy life to continue forever.

However, although she was a great and well-respected priestess, her prays for the happy life to last were not answered. The priestess loved a young man who was much younger than she was, but love blinded her to see how bad the guy actually was. Jealous of how everyone loved that woman, he stole the music box from which she got her lovely singing. And with that, her beautiful voice was gone and the guy she loved was no longer to be seen anywhere.

Heartbroken but even more devastated for losing her voice, Ophelia went for her closest friend and wisest pal, “Felicia”. She was an old lady as well although older than Ophelia. Felicia gave her a music box that could help her as a placeholder to use her powers normally although in a limited manner.

Accepting the help and the gift, the priestess decided to set on her quest and to go searching for her lost talent that was stolen by her love, using her singing powers wisely to go through the obstacles.

Characters:

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] OpheliaOphelia:

Personality and Biography: Ophelia is a woman who did not marry in her youth because she never loved. Her parents were very religious and she was brought up to be a priestess. She is living now in her temple which is built in a forest near a small town. She is well-known for her beautiful singing that has the ability to heal, spread love and happiness and attract the creatures of nature. She consumed her beautiful voice from a magical music box.

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] FeliciaFelicia:

Personality and Biography: Felicia used to be a good friend of Ophelia although she was a little more older. She was always known for her wisdom and her ability to solve problems and troubles. She has good magical skills and the powerful resources for magical problems.

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] Zack_Small-1Zack:

Personality and Biography: Zack is a sorcerer who is very talented in using the skills of black magic. He has grown up in a wild, hard environment and has been always envious and an owner of a black heart. When Ophelia found him injured one night in the forest and fell in love with him, he was evil enough to use her love and heart for his own comfort. But jealous of how everyone focused their eyes on her, he stole her music box and left her.
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:45 am

Ooohh I like this idea, Love. It sounds very unique. ^^

I'll think of more suggestions later but I have this idea in mind, if it's possible to do so. At the end, I assume that Ophelia will get her lost music box back. Perhaps you can make it possible that depending on what choices Ophelia makes, either she and Zack end up falling in love and living happily ever after or she ends up seeing the evil that is in Zack and tries to destroy the evil (but not have them fall in love). In other words, have the possibility of multiple endings (or at least two). If it's not possible, then it's ok but just something I thought of off the top of my head. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:48 am

Ooh I like this idea actually and yes, it is possible to implement it in game. ^^

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, phoenix. <3
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 am

Coolie. ^^ And ahh, I just thought of another idea based off of real life experience (sort of). lol

I think that Zack would need a reason for stealing Ophelia's music box. I'm wondering if the music inside has special powers. For instance, in Ophelia's hands, it would be used for good but in Zack's hands, it would be used for evil. I was thinking for Zack, when he has possession of the music box, he could use the music inside to brainwash those around him to do his bidding.

Ok, I think you might see where I got the idea for that. Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 am

Hey, that sounds so much like Ryan. I like that. xD

Okay, another idea in consideration. Thanks, phoenix. <3
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 am

Coolie. ^^ That's all I can think of for now but if I think of any other ideas, I'll be sure to post back here. Wink

BTW, regarding the contest, I'm curious if the judging is going to be picky on stuff like spelling, grammar, and all that. If so, I can help out with that if you'd like. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 am

Hmm well things are judged like this:

15 points - Fun and Gameplay
10 points - Originality and Innovation
10 points - Graphics
5 points - Sound and Music
5 points - Game Flow (consistency, how well it follows a theme, battle difficulty, etc.)
5 points - Forum Items Integration

So I don't think there is any to do with English bu I appreciate the offer. <3
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:31 am

Semi-update: A member from HBGames.org called Zackwell has agreed to help me with this. ^^ He will be doing original artwork and helping me with spriting.

Currently looking for a musician. =D
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:39 am

Okie, time for a little update.

We now have a musician who will be composing original soundtrack for the game. He is currently working on the game's main theme so once he sends me it, I will give you guys a preview. <3

Zackwell is working on some sprites and I have been mapping and taking care of other things. A little preview of what I have been working on,

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] Untitled
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 am

Oooohhh pretty. Me likes it a lot. ^^

*cheers for Love*
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:50 am

Thanks a lot, phoenix. <3 I still have a lot to do but imma excited. =D
Back to top Go down
Kuidon
Kuidon

Male
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:59 am

That looks really cool Love,
But I just though Id point out that on that map, the shadow of big tree is incorrect. You should be able to tell that it is not semi transparent, Its not that much of a problem, but I can fix it for you if you dont know how.

Good luck with this competition.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:02 am

Ahh will work on fixing that. Thanks, Kuidon. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]   Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread] Empty

Back to top Go down

Love's Evil Melodies [Concept Thread]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: The RMXP Forums :: Project Discussion :: Early Projects-
Jump to: