Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
What do you have to suggest? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
What do you have to suggest? EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
What do you have to suggest? EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

What do you have to suggest? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

What do you have to suggest? EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
What do you have to suggest? EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

What do you have to suggest? EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

What do you have to suggest? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What do you have to suggest?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

What do you have to suggest? Empty
PostSubject: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:31 am

Hi all,

So I have some question to ask you all. I am currently working on a website for the site that is so much different from the last one, which failed terribly. But the reasons for that were the following,

• Me being careless enough to not update it regularly. T-T
  • No usage. People who linked to this site linked to the forum, not the website.
  • Poor design and interface. The graphics were...ugly. ._.
  • The bad games we had at the time.
  • The long domain. T-T

So this time, I am working on a REAL website which might include some original stuff (if I can afford them) and some pretty interface. Let me show you a little of what I have worked on. (Please note that whatever is written is future stuff)

http://bb.xieke.com/files/webbie.PNG

The design is made by Fiona - Komet Tails Designs. The pic is from Pretear anime but only as a placeholder for now until I get original artwork (hopefully I will soon).

So I want to ask. Is there anything you want to see in the website? Any suggestions? Please feel free to post them! ^^ If you have suggestions for the forum as well, you can go ahead. I am thinking about changing the layout of it as well. I am also thinking about changing the name of the site. Something other than "Snow Flower".
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:19 am

Hi Love,

I'm taking a look at what you have so far and it looks great. Very Happy I'm trying to think of what suggestions you want but in the meantime, would you like me to message people over in the SFG group on Facebook about it? I can ask them to come over and post suggestions and it would be a great way to get people to come back to the forum more. ^^

Also, if you change the name, what are you thinking about changing it to? Do you have a theme or concept you want to go by?
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:22 am

Sounds great. ^^ If you'd do that, I'd really appreciate it. ^^

And right now, nopes. I just want some name that attracts people, a catchy title. But I don't have any in my mind right now. >.<
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:25 am

Ahh ok then. I will post and send that message over right now. Hopefully, we'll get some great feedback. ^^
Back to top Go down
Stardale
Stardale

Male
Number of posts : 529
Title : Archon of the Skies
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 am

Love, I suggest that you:

- Have your own domain (I can give you one, if you like, through a sub-domain of my website.)
- Use IPBFree for a free-forum. Its better than forumotion.

And basically, the site lacks games (that are completed) which is supposed to be presented to guests and members alike.

You might also need to have new ideas of your own, besides guilds (which is very much derived from Amaranth Games). You can have your own member titles/ranks instead of groups.
Back to top Go down
http://winchystardale.tumblr.com
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 am

Hey Star. Thanks for the suggestions. Let me reply to them. ^^

Stardale wrote:
Love, I suggest that you:

- Have your own domain (I can give you one, if you like, through a sub-domain of my website.)

On my list-to do. I think I might be able to afford one pretty soon. ^^
Stardale wrote:

- Use IPBFree for a free-forum. Its better than forumotion.

I tried it before and to be honest, I didn't like it much. I am thinking about changing the host for the forum but I don't want to in the same time because of the long RP here. :/
Stardale wrote:

And basically, the site lacks games (that are completed) which is supposed to be presented to guests and members alike.

I agree. Fortunately, I am very close to finishing a game of mine, not Lucky Guy! or TGC though. It's a new and pretty good one.

Stardale wrote:

You might also need to have new ideas of your own, besides guilds (which is very much derived from Amaranth Games). You can have your own member titles/ranks instead of groups.

Guilds were not only AM. They were on other sites, too, such as RMRK. I have removed them in any case because there wasn't much activity.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:49 am

Just adding to what Love explained about the part about guilds. I have seen on other sites where there are guilds/specific user groups.

And yeah, when the guilds were first here, I was totally in favor of them but of course, as Love pointed out, there hasn't been much activity here lately so they were removed. Also, in a way, I feel that guilds split people apart at times rather than bring them together. A community should bring people together in a friendly spirit rather than divide people. Just my opinion, though.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:13 am

Sorry for the double-posting but I'm curious to know how progress on the site is going. I was particularly curious as to whether you have found any artists to help you out. I think you can go on DeviantArt and ask some people there for help. Also, I have a few friends but I'd have to check with them to see how free they would be to make such artwork.

Also, I was thinking-regarding the games, I know you'll be busy soon with school and all and if I were a game developer (or at least had knowledge of game development), I'd lend my services and help out. But as I'm not, I was thinking that if you want help with your games because of time and all, I have a friend who's an excellent game developer. However, I'd have to check with him to see how free he is (and sometimes, he takes a long time to answer back to emails lol). If he isn't free, he can probably recommend someone who can help. ^^

In addition, I've been considering making a game but of course, the problem is time and resources. But it's still on my list of things to do and I'd like to have a chance to promote it here. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:19 am

Hi phoenix,

The site is almost done but I am having troubles finding a good web host. The one I chose at first turned out that it has no FTP manager and thus I needed an exterior one, which I couldn't find. The problem is that I want good FTP manager, PHP and MSQL available but unfortunately, none has good qualities of those. :<

As for the artwork, I might be actually deciding that I'll do the arts myself. My drawing skills are not bad and I think they improved a lot. But I'll post examples and ask for opinions later.

As for game making, I appreciate the suggestions. ^.^ I might actually take a break from game making once I release our final game to settle things down and all. I'll see if I need any help but that won't be clear till I figure everything out and all. ^^

Once again, I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to continue making this site. ^^
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 am

Ahh coolie. I'll be excited to see your artwork, Love. From what I've seen so far, it looks good and I can't wait to see what you design for the site. ^^

So it looks like the main problem is finding a good server host. I could ask a couple of my friends. One of them definitely could help although because he has school now, I'm not sure when he can get back to replying to my email. lol The other friend I can contact tomorrow about this if you wish. She might know although I'm not entirely sure about it.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:29 am

Ahh that would be greatly appreciated, phoenix. ^^ I think I googled every single free web host without any result. lol
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 am

Ahh ok. I'll poke my friend tomorrow on YIM since I'll see her then. Also, I'll email my friend as well and hopefully, one of them can make some good suggestions. ^^
Back to top Go down
grisel1
grisel1

Female
Number of posts : 41
Title : anonymous user
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:31 am

i wanted to suggest that i want it to be clean that alll people cannot be dizzy in looking for it Smile

and also i want hearts becuase it resembles you name and i want you to always take care of youre website Smile and also update it always Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelnightmares.spruz.com
talia
talia

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:56 am

Hey
SO did you find a good host?

I like the idea of doing the artwork yourself Smile
Orignal stuff looks good and when you have made it yourself its kinda special Smile
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi Talia,

Check out the Latest Announcements area. Most of us have moved on to a new site-Winter Ivy Games. Love and I are here because of the RP but a lot of the activity is now on WIG. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to suggest?   What do you have to suggest? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you have to suggest?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: Administration :: Suggestions and Feedback-
Jump to: