Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Downloaded vs. Online Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Downloaded vs. Online Games Empty
PostSubject: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 6:58 am

Hi all,

I wanted to make another topic here and hopefully, there will be at least a few members who reply. (It seems that lately, I make a thread but unless it's one of those personality quizzes, no one really replies to it. O_O) Anyway, this might be more of a debate topic but I wanted this thread to be as light-hearted as possible so that's why it's here instead. Wink

So the topic I wanted to ask was which kind of gaming platform you prefer-downloaded vs. online games. Obviously, downloaded games are any games that you can download on your comp and play without having an Internet connection. Online games obviously require an Internet connection and such games can be found on sites like Neopets, Facebook, Dragon Fable, etc.

I used to be one of those who would play downloaded games more (and I still do). I like that I could play them anytime and if my Internet connection went out, I could still play these games. However, in the past few months, I've preferred online gaming more. I think this happened when I really got addicted to Facebook. lol Part of the reason for this change is that I'm saving money nowadays. However, another reason is that in my opinion, a lot of the downloaded commercial games released nowadays don't seem to be that good. (I'm excluding free homemade games at the moment since I think they're under a different standard from commercial games.) For instance, some commercial games seem to cheapen the entertainment value, like intentionally shortening gameplay but making customers pay more money for them. Also, I've noticed in some commercial games, that they're being released with bugs and typos. Personally, I think this is unacceptable because even if the economy isn't that great, it doesn't give developers the excuse to release unpolished work. I would rather wait a long time for a finished game that is absolutely perfect (meaning bug and typo-free) and I would be happy to pay for it if it's really good rather than ever pay for a game that's released too early and riddled with bugs and what not. But even without these problems, it seems like there aren't really a lot of good commercial games out there nowadays. As some know, I'm a huge fan of time management games but it seems like a lot of games released nowadays are hidden object ones and I'm not a big fan of them. lol

So yeah, I'm more of an online gamer nowadays. My Internet connection is very reliable so I love going on Facebook and playing the numerous gaming apps I have bookmarked and being able to connect with friends and all. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 am

Not sure if I should be posting here since I don't game much nowadays. Razz

Anyway, personally I think it depends on the game itself. Nowadays, I don't game at all except occasionally. But when I do it's usually a downloaded game. I think downloaded games have more fun and more stuff to do in it than an online game. But of course, there are some good online games which are fun to play to. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:05 am

I'm glad you responded, Love. I didn't want another thread in which no one posted to it. lol

So yeah, I do see your point about the benefits of downloaded games and I used to feel that way, too. But then I gave online games a chance and there are a lot of good ones out there. I was quite surprised and I remember reading a Gamezebo article sometime back that apparently, social network gaming is gaining in popularity. (Funny but it seems like I tend to go with trends before they're publicly announced. lol)

Anyway, I love that with online games, I've made a lot of friends as a result of them. ^^ Also, I like that there are some sites which do host them. (Today, I figured out how to easily access the gaming apps on Twitter. lol) I haven't gone back to the Battleon games yet although I've been meaning to. Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 am

Oh Battleon games are a total different story. Razz I loved their MechQuest and DragonFable although didn't get really addicted to AdventureQuest. Their games are simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:11 am

Ahh true, true. Razz I feel the same way about Adventure Quest, too, but maybe it has to do with the graphics? I feel they have a different quality compared to MechQuest and Dragon Fable.

And man, I have to get back to those games at some point. lol
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:13 am

Yeah, I think so. AdventureQuest's interface wasn't so user-friendly either.

And yeah, I know the feeling. I haven't visited either of the games for long too. Razz
Back to top Go down
SilverMist

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Although there are a few online games I like (like Dragon Quest), I find that too many of them seem to be hack and slash type games, or somewhat lacking in plot. It could be that I am downloading less games in general. I do agree that some of the download games have more bugs and less content for the price.
Back to top Go down
Kuidon
Kuidon

Male
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Downloaded games are good, becasue they're built for one player. So I can play them untill there is nothing else to do on them.

But online games built for poeple to enjoy together are ofcourse only fun with friends to play them with.
Sadly I normally dont have people to play them with, so I get bored and give up on them.
But then there are games like the Battleon ones, which I did find to be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:18 am

Hi Kuidon,

I understand what you mean. Regarding the online games, I think you're referring to MMORPGs? (Clarify me if I'm misunderstanding.) If that's the case, I do agree with you there. Like one would need a lot of friends in order to have a fun experience on those games.

But then there are other kinds of online games. Like the Battleon games, for instance. (Still debating on whether or not to upgrade on WarpForce since it's so cheap for me. lol) Also, if one regularly visits on social networking sites with gaming apps (like Facebook, MySpace, etc.), there are some fun games there. Although some do require multiple friends to be online at the same time, others don't. I go on Facebook regularly and play a lot of the gaming apps. They do require that I have many friends add the app since it adds to the experience and makes it more fun. However, they don't require that my friends be on the app at the same time as myself. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kuidon
Kuidon

Male
Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah sorry, when I think of online games I do straight away think of the more MMORPG side of things. There are plenty of other types as you have said...
Back to top Go down
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg
Xemgoa-XematlXuurarg

Male
Number of posts : 496
Title : The Omega Weapon
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:04 am

Hi ^^

I guess i like the download and going online ones.

I already have problems with Runescape xD
Back to top Go down
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Anime_Marai/index.php?act=idx
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Downloaded vs. Online Games   Downloaded vs. Online Games EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:42 am

Hi Kuidon,

No problem. I would assume that as well. ^^ I'm not really into MMORPGs although some of my friends tried to get me into them. But they just never clicked with me. Downloaded vs. Online Games Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

Downloaded vs. Online Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General-
Jump to: