Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Game Series EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Game Series EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Game Series EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Game Series EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Game Series EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Game Series EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Game Series EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Game Series EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Game Series EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Game Series

Go down 
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Game Series Empty
PostSubject: Game Series   Game Series EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:09 am

Hi all,

I wanted to come up with a new topic since things here have been quiet for a while. lol Since recently I was able to finish playing the newest Cake Mania game, it had me thinking about games and their series and how long they should last. This might be a debate so if it does become that, I'll end up moving this thread to the debates section. But for now, let's keep it fun. ^^

So I was reading on another gaming forum and someone mentioned that there's another Emily game coming out. (I'm referring to the Delicious-Emily series that Zylom makes.) This new game will be the 5th one in the series. I was like O_O. Not that having another Emily game is a bad thing but that I was surprised that there would be another game in the series. I like the Emily series but I was thinking to myself, "When will it end?" lol (Although in all fairness, I did like Emily's Taste of Fame so I'm willing to keep an open mind on the new game.)

So then I played through Cake Mania Main Street over the weekend and I liked it, albeit it had bugs and typos. But hopefully, Sandlot will release an updated version of it soon with fixes. Meanwhile, it made me wonder if this will be the last Cake Mania game. It could be although I could also see the potential for a sequel. At the same time, I pondered over whether I'd want another Cake Mania game. Don't get me wrong-I love the Cake Mania series and always will. But at some point, I like to see some fresh original games come out rather than having sequel after sequel. Then again, if the series is very good and the sequels are good, then I think it's ok.

I could name some other examples, too, but I wanted to ask you all. Do you think that a game series should have a limited number of sequels? Or does it all depend on how successful a series is? Of course, I think if the game developer(s) ruins the series with its subsequent sequels, then it's probably better to stop it altogether. That's what movie and TV producers as well as video game developers have done if the sequels turn out to be worse than the originals (well, some of them).

Anyway, I'm curious to read your thoughts. ^^
Back to top Go down

Game Series
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General-
Jump to: