Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Myth's? real or not EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Myth's? real or not EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Myth's? real or not EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Myth's? real or not EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Myth's? real or not EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Myth's? real or not EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Myth's? real or not EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Myth's? real or not EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Myth's? real or not EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Myth's? real or not

Go down 
+3
Darkness
phoenixgirl
Kaisuto
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Myth's? real or not Empty
PostSubject: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 7:10 am

ok this thread you can post myth's that you want to either bring up and discuss or explain reasoning to why you think they are true/false.

My myth is this:
On this one game i played before it has a trailer that shows this technology that was frozen and found in 1718 or so, its technology beyond our comprehension because what they found was a skeleton like figure of a mechanical beast, otherwise known as Goblinman!!!

so what do you think, true of just a false hoax?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Kaisuto,

Thought I'd go ahead and post my thoughts to your topic. Smile

Well, I've never heard of this myth so I have no idea what to think about it. However, on instinct, I'd say that it's just a hoax. Kind of hard to believe that there could be such advanced technology at that time that's caught up to the technology now. However, if there were such an existence as aliens from other worlds, then I think it's possible that they could have such advanced technology that humans didn't possess at the time.

Not sure if that made any sense since I'm starting to get kind of sleepy here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:18 am

it made sense to me, anyway i think we could have had this advanced technology, because if you think about it concrete was made wayyy before jesus times, and after that we had forgotten how to make concrete untill the early 730 a.d when the romans re-discovered concrete, then we forgot again and re-discovered it in the 1220 around when some famous guy found out that the earth wasnt the center of the universe. i think its pretty logical for that to be accurate.
Back to top Go down
Darkness
Darkness

Male
Number of posts : 22
Title : The Terror Of Death
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 am

actually Goblinman is real. he's in a museum down in i think alaska or someplace cold like that (i dont know my geography)
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 am

God why didnt you tell me this!!!
Back to top Go down
xWestie
xWestie

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:17 am

But..how do we know what Darkness is saying isnt a myth? =P
Back to top Go down
http://www.s6.invisionfree.com/Toko_Sukai
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:00 pm

well look up the game too human and then look up "goblinman trailer"
Back to top Go down
seraphic22
seraphic22

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Kaisuto wrote:
it made sense to me, anyway i think we could have had this advanced technology, because if you think about it concrete was made wayyy before jesus times, and after that we had forgotten how to make concrete untill the early 730 a.d when the romans re-discovered concrete, then we forgot again and re-discovered it in the 1220 around when some famous guy found out that the earth wasnt the center of the universe. i think its pretty logical for that to be accurate.

Concrete is hardly a remarkable achievement, it is a simple mixture of ingredients ... would you say it is an amazing discovery to find the recipe for a cake that hasn't been made in 2000 years?

I seriously doubt that a mechanical beast was possible. That would need some form of computer to control movement and stabilize it. Then it would need advanced AI (far beyond what we have today) to be able to navigate over terrain and recognize it's surroundings.

So overall it would need:
-Some type of powerful computer
-Cameras (for seeing)
-Stabilizer (so it doesn't just fall over)
-microphones (maybe not this one, only if it needs to hear)
-Energy source
-Advanced AI
-An engine

That is not an exhaustive list but if this weren't a myth then wouldn't we have found some of that stuff?
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:51 am

Back to top Go down
seraphic22
seraphic22

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:51 am

Umm you do realize your evidence states that the goblin man is from a mockumentary? The whole thread states (which in my brief research before the last post, I had already came to that conclusion) that it is based on a fictional creature from a film, the creature itself was never existed.

So are you ready to believe its not real yet? The closest real thing to this is the iceman. That was just an extremely well preserved caveman, to the point that it was originally mistaken as a murder victim.
Back to top Go down
-Jester-
-Jester-

Male
Number of posts : 155
Title : cUte gUy

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:46 am

dude! you like say it was from a game. which means it was just pure hoax of the game maker or the company. and it aint even a real myth, it wasn't even heard. myths are what we call the Lochness monster, Vampires, Atlantis etc. things from history that wasn't proven real that is a myth. so i kind of agree with Seraphic22 this story was just based from a character in film. and about Darkness stating that it was real you even don't have evidence that its really in a museum or something, i mean did you even saw it was there? well for me to see is to believe. if you let someone looked into this, this debate case is closed.
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 6:45 am

ok then, case closed. our next myth has originated in detroit (where i live) the first of december i you're not carful you will dissapear for 2 years. now im not sure this is true, but there has been people that has disapeared last year and havent sen them since. i honestly think its a very mean joke but it is kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 7:12 am

what is that, "if your not careful you will disappear"? its sounds like an old person story to children. anyway here's a myth, a mythological creature actually, the question is do you believe in death omens?

1753 in texas a man won a lottery and was on his way home when he heard growls and howls of dogs many dogs, after hearing the howls and growls he arrives home safe and sound and tells about it to his wife, in the morning he was found dead. reason: old age

1871 in Jakarta Indonesia a woman was smoking in an alley when she saw a shadow of a three headed dog and vanished. that night she died. reason she was robbed and shot in the head.

ok so there is only a three headed dog in history and it resides in greek mythology. this dogs are called Cerberus. Cerberus is a giant three headed dog with a snake for a tail. It guarded the entranceway to Hades ensuring that the dead could not get out and the living couldn't get in. so what do you think guys?
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:18 am

I think my gf told me of cerberus before, i dont really know much about them so it could be true
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 pm

they are said to be death omens, you know warning you that you will die. and in mythology they are said to guard the gate to Hades. so looks like they are connected.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
-Jester-
-Jester-

Male
Number of posts : 155
Title : cUte gUy

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 8:59 pm

i belive in death omens but i don't believe it to always be a dog. death omens come in different images. for example here in the Philippines it is said that if someone saw that you have no head in a mirror or anything that has a reflection you will die. thats a death omen. others is said that they dream of their teeth falling off. and the next day they never wake up. thats a death omen. so what i mean is that death omens comes in different images. not always the dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myth's? real or not   Myth's? real or not Empty

Back to top Go down

Myth's? real or not
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: Debates and Serious Discussion-
Jump to: