Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Lost Devil - Novel

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 am

New chappie~! This one is pretty short but my brother won't stop nudging me for the computer. -_-

Chapter 9: Where am I?

Eating that cockroach was a disgusting and a gross experience. I wondered why the heck I ate that little creature. Was I really that hungry? But oh well. I wish I will never have to do that again.

After resting for a bit, I stood up and began walking again. It was a huge forest as it seemed although it looked like I was in a swamp. It explained that cockroach since I had never seen a cockroach in a forest before.

I continued walking on until I said goodbye to that ugly swamp. I arrived at a beautiful forest which had beautiful green trees and some flowers blooming. It was beautiful and it gave me some hope to find where I was. Walking became easier for me as I was walking now on soft grass in a good-smelling area.

But while I was walking, I was wondering. Why was that happening to me, of all people? Why was I suffering like this? Why was I not happy like I had used to be? I was living a happy, peaceful life once; being with Sebastian and Rosalind. I had no worries on my mind back then. All I did was working as a waitress in morning, ice dancing in afternoon and dating with my beloved Sebastian in the evening. I was very happy and I was very comfortable. But now…everything is changed. Sebastian has left me alone in the world and Rosalind back stabbed me. I felt so alone. All the people whom I loved have left me. And now, I am wandering in this unknown forest, wondering where I could be.

After sometime, I found a small river. It looked clear and shiny, enough so that I could drink of it. So I walked to it weakly and lent down to drink. But when I looked into the water, I could see myself. I looked dreaded, covered in dust and had a messed hair. I was wearing black and it was the perfect color to catch dust. I looked horrible and worse, I was hungry. Sure, I ate that cockroach but really, was it enough?

I drank of the river and then washed my face and hands a bit. Then I stood up and began walking again.

I walked for long and eventually, the night had to come down. I was looking down at that time and I didn't care to look upstairs. Soon, it also started to rain heavily. I had to find shelter or I would have to stay in the rain. I looked around for any place to hide in from the rain but unfortunately there weren't any. I could only sit under a tree which protected me quite a bit from the rain. And with how cold it was that time, I definitely had a cold night.

Sitting under the rain, waiting for perhaps getting a cold, I was silent and tired. I was hungry and I felt so depressed. There were silent tears on my face that couldn't be seen because of the rain. My mind had many heavy thoughts that worn me out. Of all people, of all mankind, of all creatures on earth, why me?! Wasn't it enough to lose my beloved Sebastian? That only hurt my heart. Now this….

But let us into the more important facts. While I was sitting serenely like that under that tree, I heard some weird music. It was beautiful and so serene. I looked up at the sky and I saw a beautiful creature, one that had beautiful white wings with a harp in its hands. It looked as if it was the one playing that beautiful music. I wondered what that could be. I quietly said,

"Who…are you? What are you?"

But it didn't reply. Actually, seconds later it disappeared. I wondered if it was my imagination or a mirage. Was I already seeing things that didn't exist? But even more importantly, when that creature – whatever it was – disappeared, it revealed the sky to me. It was blue and beautiful, like any nice sky. But there was one difference. There wasn't one moon…there were two! Two moons for god's sake! Where the heck was I?! Obviously, I was not on earth but if that's true…then where was I?
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 12:34 am

Ooohh the part about the two moons interests me. It reminds me of something from an anime that I watched way back but I don't remember which one it is. Razz

And no worries. I know how brothers tend to be. Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:04 am

Chapter 10: In another world

So at least now I've found out that I wasn't on earth, at least not the earth I know. Two moons isn't something that can be found in where I came from. Despite that, they were two beautiful, bright moons. Actually, they were much brighter and more beautiful than the normal moon I know on earth. But still, where was I? I couldn't keep that question out of my mind.

I slept that night being so cold under the rain. It was raining hard on me and I had nothing to protect or shelter me. But what could I do? I was very tired…I wanted to sleep, I needed to sleep.

The next morning, the sun shone brightly on me that it woke me up annoyed by its rays. I didn't like that someone or something wakes me up so suddenly like that. I like to wake up by myself, when I want to.

But seeing as how I woke up already, I sighed and stood up, deciding to continue my search journey. I felt a bit better having slept although I felt a bit feverish. What did I expect? I slept under the rain for god's sake.

The way was much easier that day, though. Not sure why. I was still hungry but I tried to strength myself by having hope for something better, although it seemed to be a very weak possibility.

I didn't walk for long, though, and my hope for better grew when I saw what looked like a big town. It looked fancy and very beautiful. The people in it looked very wealthy and those of high-class, which I wasn’t from. And with how I looked, I wondered if those people would really help me. I wished they could at least tell me where am I.

And so I walked in, ignoring the fact of how dreadful did I look. I kept looking around in amazement. It was a very beautiful town that was much prettier than Lessire. But the people there kept looking at me from up to down, perhaps thinking that I am one of very low-class.

I saw a small shop that looked like ones of clothes and dresses. It looked, as expected, very fancy and rich. I would have chosen some lower-class shop but unfortunately, I couldn't find any. It looked as if this town only had rich people living in. I gulped and entered in anyway, wishing for any hoped help.

From inside, the shop was very nicely decorated and not too crowded. It had a nice, calm music playing in as well. I walked to the front and I found a beautiful, well-dressed lady at the counter. She had weird ears, though. They weren't human's but they weren't like mine, long and lent. They were longer than humans' but shorter than those of devils'.

I took a deep breath before I asked, "Umm excuse me, miss. May you please help me? I am quite new to this town and I know no one. May I know where could I be?"

The lady turned to me with a kind face at first but looked surprised then when she deepened in looking at me. She whispered, "Oh, god! You are a devil!"

I looked a bit surprised at her. Sure, I was a devil and it was clear from my ears but how could she know unless she has a good culture of devils? I replied,

"Um, yes, miss. I am."

She took a deep breath before continuing, "Dead god, don't you know you shouldn't be here, child? This isn't the place for you. Don't you know you are in the gods' world?"

My eyes widened as she said I was in the gods' world. Wait a minute! How could I forget! My mother once told me a bit about the three worlds that existed. The gods' world, the devils' world and the humans' world. I was a devil by origin but I grew up in the humans' world. The humans have one moon, the gods have two moons and the devils have three. So…I was in the gods' world! But how the heck did I get here?

Hmmm, I just realized that Bryan hasn't been commenting lately. Razz
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Ooohh at least the mystery's been solved as to where Rosaline is. Now I'll let Bryan comment. Wink

Bryan: Awww, my love. It hurts to see you suffer so much. I'll get that person who hurt you and make that person pay. Sad
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:05 am

Chapter 11: Help at last

Being in the gods' world puzzled me. Not only because I wondered how the heck have I got here, but also because I was scared. Not that gods were unfriendly creatures or anything but I was alone in this new world. There was no one by my side now and all I had was I. There was no one to lean on or count on except myself.

I stayed silent, in shock. The lady who I have talked to noticed this and asked gently, "Oh, dear, are you alright?"

I snapped out of my shock state and quickly shook my heard. I replied, "Oh, yes, I am, miss."

She smiled and looked kindly upon me. "I see. Say, sweetie. Why are you here? And where are your parents?"

For a second, I didn't really know how to reply. I couldn't just tell my story to anyone I would meet in the street. I was alone here in a new place and I didn't know much about this world. I was hesitant to reply and obviously, the lady realized it. Seeing as how I wasn't replying, she knelt down and patted me on the shoulder.

"Say, sweetie, do you have anyone with you?"

I shook my heard as some tears began to form in my eyes. I couldn't bear in everything that has happened to me recently. All those terrible events. From Sebastian's death to Rosalind's betrayal then me being transferred to a new world. It was all too much for me to take in. The lady realized my tears and her eyes softened upon me. Despite how dreadful I looked, she still treated me very kindly and motherly. She asked, "Then honey, why do you look so dirty?"

I slowly replied, "I- I came from the forest."

She continued, "Awww, the poor lass. What made you go to the forest, my dear? You are a devil, aren't you? Why are you here?"
I nodded and replied, "I am, my lady, but I- I lived in the humans' world. But somehow, I got transferred here and I don't know how or why."

"Awww, the poor girl. Come, we need to get away from this crowd. Oh, and of course, you need to wash up and I'll get some good clothes for you to wear. You see, this is a clothes' shop after all." She replied.

I didn't know whether to accept the offer or to refuse it. But I didn't have anywhere to go or anyone to turn to so I accepted her kind offer gratefully.

The lady whispered something into one of her servants' ears and then led me to a medium-sized, humble house which was pretty near to her shop. She gave me a brown blouse and some black pants (which I was thankful for since I couldn't stand a skirt or a dress) and showed me where the bathroom is so that I wash up and change.

I did as she told me and once again, I looked all clean and well. My hair was now brushed and I wore clean clothes.

When I got out of the bathroom, I found the lady sitting nearby, waiting for me. She turned to me and seeing how I looked, she said, "Oh, Lord! You are very beautiful."

I blushed a bit and politely said, "Thank you, miss."

She smiled and then said, "Now sit down here. We need to talk."

I did as she said and stayed across from her. I felt a bit shy, though, as I didn't know what to say or what to do. But then, there was a question in my mind which I couldn't help but ask.

"Um, miss. May I ask…why are you doing this with me? Is it only because you took pity on me?"

She looked a bit surprised by the question although I wasn't sure if it was something to be surprised. I thought it was normal of me to ask that question.

"No," She replied. "Partly, yes, because I felt pity for you. But also because I am sure you would like to get back to your parents, wouldn't you? They must be very worried for you."

I shook my head and replied, "Um, not really. My parents passed away long ago."

For my mother, I certainly wasn't lying. For my father, yes, I was lying. My father was alive and well but I couldn't think of anything else to say. Plus, I don't really know if he would care whether I am gone or not.

The lady's eyes softened and she stood up, walked to me and hugged me gently. I felt safe with her because of her gentle, kind ways.

Breaking off the hug, she replied, "Awww, sweetie. This is my first time seeing such a poor, neglected child. Say dear, what is your name?"

"My name is Rosaline, miss." I replied.

She replied, "What a beautiful name! And sweetie, you can call me Janet."

I smiled a bit and replied, "It's a beautiful name, Janet."

She giggled a bit and replied, "Why, thanks, honey. Say now, who did you live with back at the humans' world?"

I replied, "With my sister, Rosalind."

"Rosaline and Rosalind? That's a beautiful pairing indeed."

I slowly replied, "Um, yes, I suppose."

I couldn't help but remember what had Rosalind done to me but I did my best not to show sadness on my face. Thankfully, Miss Janet spoke up.

"Dear, I can help you go to the devils' world. They might help you there. The gods' don't have the ability to go to the humans' world but they have the ability to go to the devils' world and those might help you."
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Whew. Rosaline got lucky that there was someone kind in the gods' world to help her out. Hmm, I just realized that means that both Rosaline and Nerine are devils. Wink

Bryan: Whew, my Rosaline is safe for now. Thank goodness. I was so worried.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Chapter 12: Miss Janet's Past

I was very happy as Miss Janet offered to help me return to the humans' world. I was very grateful for her and her kind treatment to me. I hoped that somehow, someday, I'll be able to pay back her unforgettable deed. I wondered if all the gods were as nice as she was, though. Miss Janet was a pretty nice lady and I hoped that the rest of the gods had the same sort of treatment with people.

After a nice chat I had with Miss Janet, she took me to eat lunch with her. I admit I was a bit shy at first because I wondered if I'd be too much trouble for her like that. But she didn't mind at all and she said it was a pleasure of her. And to be honest, I wasn't sure if I could stand hunger any longer. I was pretty darn hungry as I haven't eaten for some time. And that little 'adventure' I've had at the forest certainly worn me out.

While eating lunch with Miss Janet, a question came to my mind. It was only a question of curiosity and wonder, though.

"Janet, may I ask you a question?" I asked.

Miss Janet looked up at me and nodded. "Of course, sweetie."

"Do you live alone in this house, excluding the servants and maids of course?"

She paused eating and then looked at me for sometime. She then replied, "Why, yes, dear. I do live alone now although in the past I didn't."

I got a little more curious and asked, "If I may ask, who had you lived with before?"

Her eyes softened and showed a sad smile. She replied, "With my husband…and daughter."

I was a bit confused. If Miss Janet has been married before and had a daughter as well, where were they?

Getting more and more curious, I asked, "Ummm you have been married before? But where are your husband and daughter then, Janet?"

Her eyes began to wet a bit and she replied, "My husband and I got divorced about two years ago after I had found out that he cheated on me with a devil. I was very heart broken because I loved him very much. In the end, we ended up getting divorced."

I was sad hearing this about Miss Janet. I wondered who the heck would be heartless enough to hurt her gentle heart. But my curiousness increased as she mentioned it. She said she had a daughter, where was she?

So I continued, "I am very saddened to hear this about you, Janet. You certainly didn't deserve it at all and whoever your husband was, he was certainly wrong to do such a bad mistake. I am sorry for being nosy, though, but you mentioned you had a daughter. Where is she?"

She sighed and got a handkerchief from nearby to wipe her tears.

"My daughter was about five years old when my husband and I got divorced. She was affected by our divorce, of course, because she loved her father as much as I did. But she stayed with me. Unfortunately, though, she- she didn't live for long." She paused to wipe her tears and then continued,

"My daughter got a very serious fever that the doctors could not heal. We gave her medicines, we got her the best doctors we could find, but that wasn't to save her."

I was very sad for Miss Janet and I regretted asking that question earlier. I felt guilty because I made Miss Janet cry and remember her painful memories. I understood what it meant to lose a beloved person to your heart. After all, I've lost the most precious person in my life and I could certainly understand. Sebastian…

I looked down guiltiness on my face. Quietly, I replied, "I am very sorry, Janet. I- I didn't mean to remind you of your sad past."

Miss Janet wiped away all of her tears and stopped crying to smile comfortingly at me. She shook her head and replied, "Oh, no, it's nothing at all, darling. You deserve to know. You know, I've never said that to anyone but you do remind me of my daughter somehow. She was just as beautiful as you are and as sweet and innocent."

I blushed a bit and politely, I replied, "Thanks a lot, Janet. I am glad that I could remind you of something pleasant."

She smiled and then continued eating her food as I did with mine. Soon we were done and the maids began to clean up. Miss Janet took me to the living room again.

We sat down and a maid served us some orange juice. Again, I was thankful for that since I wouldn't have liked tea or coffee or anything like that.

I wondered why but another question popped up in my head. When was I going to return to the humans' world and begin my normal life again? I admit it wouldn't be as normal as it used to be since now, I've known Rosalind's betrayal and Sebastian was no longer in my life. Oh, Sebastian, how have I missed him!

"Um, Janet, may I ask when am I going to return to my home?" I asked.

Miss Janet looked at me and replied, "Well, we can go tomorrow morning to King Eustoma and Queen Cineraria. They are the rulers of the gods' world. They are friends of the devils' rulers as well, King Forbesii and Queen Sage. Even their daughters, Princess Lisianthus and Nerine are good friends. I trust they can help you."

I was a bit confused but I decided to let it slip. We spent the rest of the day together and Miss Janet was very kind to me. At night, she showed me to a room and there I slept comfortably, knowing that in the morning, I might go back home.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:19 pm

I really love this new chapter and I love how parts of it fit in well with Nerine's Past. I'll be curious to find out if in this story, we find out why the gods attacked the devils. Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 am

Here we go with one of Love's horrifying series of bloody chapters~! Razz

Chapter 13: Journey turns misery

The next morning, Miss Janet and I woke up early and she prepared some breakfast for us herself. She said she wanted to cook again after she hadn't cooked in quite a while and I didn't have any problem with it. She actually cooked very well and the food was quite delicious. I greeted her for her good cooking skills and wished that I could cook well, too.

After we had eaten our breakfast and were all done, Miss Janet prepared a special carriage for us to ride to the castle. She said that we needed to look in our best when going to meet the king and queen. She actually gave me a beautiful blue dress for me to wear. At first, I tried getting away from wearing it but oh well, it couldn't be. Miss Janet insisted that I wear saying that I would look very beautiful in it. I gave up and wore it in the end. Urgh, how I actually hated it but I did my best not to show it.

After Miss Janet got changed into a beautiful white dress as well, we got inside the carriage and set off for a long trip to the castle. Janet said that it was somewhat far from her house so it was to be a long journey.

While in carriage, Miss Janet and I didn't stay silent. We talked into various things and I told her a bit about my past. I trusted Miss Janet very much because of her kindness and gentleness, despite that we haven't been together for more than a day.

Sometime after, we stayed silent for a while. I looked out of the window and saw what a beautiful town the gods' town was. Miss Janet told me it was called Cephiron and the devils' town was called Makai.

I also enjoyed looking at the beautiful gardens and then the pretty trees in the forests. It was all a beauty of another world- another world that is not the humans' world.

After sometime, I turned to Miss Janet and said, "Umm, Janet, I really want to thank you for everything so far. I apologize for all the troubles."

Miss Janet laughed a bit and replied, "Awww, sweetie, it's no trouble at all. You know, I know it's probably surprising but I actually like you quite a lot. You are a very sweet girl and I am happy I can be of a help for you. I am sure you would like to go back to your house and see your sister again, yes?"

I wasn't sure how to answer that question. I wasn't really excited to see Rosalind again after I had known what she did to me. But I couldn't really tell Miss Janet so I replied,

"Umm, yes, of course."

Miss Janet smiled as I did. I tried my best not to show worry or sadness on my face although it wasn't easy. But for whom could it be when one knows that their only sister has betrayed them and sacrificed them for her own life? I wished that man never showed up and told me what he had told me.

Soon, we entered into an ugly swamp which looked familiar to me. I turned to Miss Janet whose face has suddenly become very nervous and worried. I asked quietly concerned,

"Janet, is anything the matter?"

She quickly smiled a nervous smile and replied, "Oh, no, darling."

It was a bit unusual that Miss Janet would give such a short answer. But I decided to let it slip. The atmosphere was getting a bit uncomfortable as the beauty of the forests disappeared and got replaced by an ugly swamp. It was then all of a sudden when the carriage stopped rapidly. We heard some noise outside and Miss Janet's face seemed to be only getting more nervous.

She yelled to the carriage driver, "Tom! What is going on?!"

But there was no response. Suddenly, the door on Miss Janet's side opened and there was a black-coated man who had his face covered except his eyes. He looked certainly like a thief. But he wasn't alone. From behind, I could see a few more thieves.

The man pulled Miss Janet roughly out of the carriage from her arm and pushed her to the ground saying in a rough voice, "Get down!"

I worried and panicked. "Miss Janet!" I yelled.

But then the door on my side also opened and another thief pulled me to the ground roughly as well. Outside, I saw Tom, the carriage driver, killed, sinking in his blood on the carriage front.

I was horrified at seeing such a scene although it was familiar to me. The thieves pushed me and Miss Janet to one corner, beside each other.

"Give us all of what you have!" One of the thieves, who seemed to be their boss yelled. "Now!"

Miss Janet didn't look very scared though. She bravely yelled back, "Never! You thieves have been blocking the way to the castle for so long! Let us go! Isn't it rude to attack two ladies alone with no man?"

Now I understood why Miss Janet was so nervous earlier. It looked like she had known about those thieves from the beginning and was worried they might stop us. But why did she accept to go with me if she knows that the road is pretty dangerous?

But the thief laughed on her and replied, "Humph! Whatever. Spare your own life, lady, and give us what you have!"

Miss Janet wanted to stand up but couldn't. I noticed some power forming in her hands and at first, I wondered. But then I remembered that Miss Janet was a goddess, and that she had special powers.

Whispering, she told me, "Rosaline, girl, run for your life. Go, don't stay. Go!"

But I couldn't leave Miss Janet alone. I whispered back, "But Janet…"

But she continued, "Go, girl! Go, honey. I am sure you want to go back home. So go! I am sure you would find your way alone. Run now!" She had already attacked with her white power balls and pushed me away.
I didn't have any choice but to run away but I didn't run completely away from the scene. I ran away enough so that the thieves wouldn't see me but I would be able to see them. I watched the battle between Miss Janet and the thieves. Unfortunately, the thieves were also gods so they had their own powers, too. The battle continued and Miss Janet was doing pretty well that she defeated many of them. I thought she was going to win. But that wasn’t to be true. While Miss Janet was busy finishing off one of the dirty bags, their boss who was a bit injured stabbed her directly in the back a sharp stab. She fell to the ground and was immediately covered in blood. It was a horrifying sight for me, to see that kind, gentle woman…killed in front of me mercilessly.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 pm

O_O <---- That's my reaction to this chapter. I'll let Bryan say the rest now. Razz

Bryan: Awww my poor Rosaline. How could she suffer so? Hasn't she felt enough hurt as it is? Sad
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Again Bryan, that was all NOTHING at all. Razz

Chapter 14: Runaway again

I was in a state of shock and fear when I saw Miss Janet being struck down to the floor dead in blood. I felt very scared and that I was that little runaway girl again. I felt lost and alone again, with nobody by my side or help to support me. The sight of Miss Janet violently killed lied down so deep in me because even though I met her short time ago, I loved her very much. She has been very kind and gentle to me and she was going to help me go back to the humans' world even though she knew there was danger. I could never thank her enough but now…I am the cause of her death.

There were tears in my eyes and I very much wanted to go and check on Miss Janet. But I couldn't. I was scared and if I went there, I might have been killed by one of those thieves – if they were still there. I didn't know what to do. Suddenly, I heard a voice calling,

"Search for the other girl!"

Those must have been the thieves! But why were they searching for me now? They killed Miss Janet already and took over the carriage! Why did they want me? Did they want what I have with me? I had nothing they could be searching for or something valuable and expensive. I might have only had the necklace Sebastian gave me but that was all. Did they want it, too? Couldn't they leave me the last thing my Sebastian has left me?

But I didn't have time for so many thoughts. I had to run as fast as I can away from there. I ran quickly although it was hard for me since I was wearing a dress (how silly). But I was still able to run quickly, away from danger.

I ran for half an hour, I think. My feet hurt me because I wore at that time high heels, as Miss Janet had suggested (actually, she insisted) before.

At sometime, I was safe. I couldn't see or hear any traces of the thieves so I assumed they have lost me. But still, I was scared. I was again in that huge forest with no one to guide me or someone to help me. I could have gone to the queen and king if I hadn't lost the way but it was too late for that now.

I kept walking, hoping for some light to shine. I hoped that I might return to Cephiron or find some other place to be safe again, away from that forest I was in. I felt very much sorrow and sadness for Miss Janet's death. She didn't deserve to be killed like that. She deserved some happiness in her life. But she had lost her husband and her daughter and she lived completely alone, excluding the servants and maids. And now, that was her end. Why? Why is the world so cruel? Why did we lose our most precious beloveds?

After lots of walking (don't ask me how long) I eventually got tired and sat under a tree to rest a bit. Then after sometime, I stood up and walked again, going nowhere.

The more I walked, the more I became dirty and tired. Walking in a forest wearing a silly dress and stupid high heels wasn't easy at all. The dress I wore was also long so when I eventually grew tired of it, I cut the lower part with my hands so the dress was only to over my knees. How relieving!

It was dawning into the evening when I suddenly noticed some lights. I ran to it and when I was near, I saw an ugly, black, dark and dirty small town (or should I say village? It was a bit bigger than a village). The people as I could see weren't like Cephiron's at all. They wore old and dirty clothes. I was surprised…where could I be? And where was Cephiron now?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 pm

O_O Man, poor Rosaline. How could she suffer so? Sad

Bryan: Why does my Rosaline have to suffer so much? It's not fair. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 am

Chapter 15: Help again...perhaps?

Although I was wondering where I could be, at that time, I had no choice but enter that dirty, poor town. I felt a bit disgusted, I admit, but I didn't have any choice. At least it was better than being lost in the forest and who knew? Perhaps I would find someone to help me go to the king and queen, as I hoped. And so, I walked in, going through those dirty streets. It was pretty cold and there wasn't any light there. I could hardly see anything and I wondered if I am really going to find someone to help me there. But I was tired and as I thought that I perhaps could find somewhere to sleep and have some rest.

I tried to ask some people passing by if they knew how to go to the castle of Cephiron or a way to an inn. But nobody agreed to help me. Actually whoever I've asked, he or she just pushed me away.

I ran helpless. Wouldn't anybody help me? Wasn't someone going to guide me? I kept wondering. I kept asking people around, almost begging them to help me but with no use. It was almost like people there had enough troubles of their own that they refused to help anyone else.

My feet became sore and I became tired, especially after walking too much wearing high heels. I sat down on a doorstep of a closed shop in some another dirty street to rest a bit. People passing by would look at me up and down, but I didn't really care although I admit I felt uncomfortable.

Suddenly though, a boy that looked about my age or perhaps a little older came up to me. He was wearing a long dirty jacket that had holes in it with its sleeves rolled up, perhaps for being too big on that boy. His face was quite unclean and dirty but it wasn't much different from mine.

"Hey there. What are you doing here?" He asked, looking at me in a weird manner.

At first, I didn't know whether to answer that guy or not. I felt uncomfortable and scared but I had a little hope that perhaps he might help me…despite his appearance.
"I am looking for the king's and queen's castle." I replied. "Do you know where to find it, sir?"

I didn't like calling that boy 'sir' but as I didn't really know who he is or where he came from, I had to call him that for now.

"I see." He replied, putting his hand under his chin with a sly smile. "Well, young lady, I am afraid I cannot help but I do know of a gentleman who can help you get to your destination."

I felt hopeful as I heard the boy's reply. I quickly replied, "Really, sir? You can do that?"

The boy nodded slyly and replied, "But of course. Say, have you got anywhere to stay?"

I shook my head sadly and replied, "No, I do not. And I have no money with me."

The boy showed a face that was almost a smile to me but then he pretended to look sad. He replied, "Awww I see. Well, that gentleman can offer you a place to stay over as well as food and drink for free. What do you say, girl?"

I hesitated whether I should take up the offer or not. But seeing as how I didn't I have a choice, I accepted this unexpected offer.

"What's your name?" I ought to ask.

"Jason Banes. That is my name."

I nodded and replied, "Rosaline is my name, and that's all you get to know about me."

After that, the boy led me to a dirty small flat in a large dirty (I keep using that word a lot, eh?) building. As we entered in, there was a large big man sitting by a fire.

As the man saw me and Jason, he said in a very rough voice, "Who have you got with you, Jason?"
Jason pushed me forwards and in a sly manner replied, "A new servant."

What the…? What the heck did he mean by 'servant'? I am not a slave or a servant to anyone!

The gentleman looked at me in a very angry and rough manner that I felt very scared. He replied, "Hmmm she doesn't look like she can do anything. Where have you found her?"

I felt like speaking but I was afraid of that big man. Jason replied to him,

"She says she wants to go to the king and queen."

The gentleman laughed out loud as if Jason has said a funny joke. He said,
"Oh ho! The king and queen, she says, the king and queen themselves!"

I felt very confused at first and somehow angry. I didn't like that gentleman at all and he was just getting on my nerves.

After calming down, his angry and tough manner returned and looking at me roughly, he asked, "And what you can do, girl?"

In a low voice, I replied, "S-Sir, I would like to- to meet the king and queen. I want to go home. I am not a god, sir."

The gentleman (was he gentle, really?) was a god, surprisingly. He noticed then my ears and replied, "A devil, oh! You can be very useful indeed, very useful."

I felt scared to my knees. What the heck was he…talking about?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:16 pm

O_O Poor Rosaline. Man, I want to go after that Jason for tricking her like that.

Bryan: Where's the jerk? I'm going to get him for tricking my Rosaline like that. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 am

Chapter 15: Struggling to be free

That man whom that jerk Jason led me to was called FRANK. He was known for his roughness and toughness with almost everyone, especially children. He was pretty poor, as it seemed.

Jason had lied to me as that man knew nothing – or perhaps he didn't want to tell me – about the way to the king and queen. I apologized for the inconvenience (although it was Jason's fault from the beginning) and was ready to leave. But as I turned around and was to go to the door to leave, Jason suddenly stood in front of me steadily and toughly, preventing me from going to the door.

Somehow confused, I said, "Ummm, sir, I'd like to leave now. I am sorry for bothering and all but I should continue my search."

I tried to act as dump as possible. The words Jason and that heck Frank had said before about being a slave or a servant and being 'very useful' didn't leave my mind but I thought that I should act dump so perhaps they might leave me a chance to let me go.

But Jason still refused to move aside. He had a sly grin on his face which raised suspicious thoughts in mind. The big man – or let us call him with his name, Frank – laughed out loudly again and replied,

"You make me laugh, girl! I am sorry, lass, but a child who enters my place does not get out."

I was shocked to hear what that Frank said. Why did he mean by 'does not get out'? Did that mean I was trapped there forever?

I turned around to the man and replied with a bit fear in my voice, "W-What is that supposed to mean?"

The man grinned and replied, "Oh, nothin' at all. Simply, you see, girl, this life is pretty 'ard to live with. I am too lazy to work by myself, so it's always better to make someone work for you."

With eyes widened, I asked, "W-What do you mean?"

Frank replied, "It means that I make children work for me. It means that you will work for me."

I couldn't believe my ears. What the heck did he mean by working for him? I work for nobody!

Angry and enraged, I raised my voice a bit and replied, "What?! What do you mean by that!? I work for nobody at all!"

The man laughed again and then replied, "You are really funny, lass! Indeed, perhaps also different from the others."

I looked around and suddenly, I saw some little children hiding from behind, perhaps watching me and the other man in that bad, angry conversation. They looked very scared and most of them were girls.

Pointing at them and not knowing what I was doing, I replied, "You mean those?"

The man looked at where I pointed and immediately yelled at the children, "What are you doing here?! Go to your rooms and or no dinner for tonight as well!"

The children trembled and in a second they disappeared. I was amazed at how could the man scare them off like that. But I didn't like it.

Turning back to me, he replied, "Well, it looks like you 'ave already seen them, girl. 'Those' you saw work for me and they get money for me. Perhaps not fairly, you might think, but they are completely satisfied doing it. And you should be, too. Let's make an agreement, shall we? If you work for me as well for a week, I can lead you to the king and the queen you are searching for. Less than that, you can still search for them yourself."

I groaned and replied, "Why the heck are you trying such a priceless trick with me? You have already said that you don’t know where are the king and the queen are."

The man replied, "Oh, a mistake, that's all! We gods make mistakes, don't we?"

I doubted that man will help so I refused his offer. Turning back to the door, I saw that Jason was still standing there, refusing to move.

"Hey, let me go already!" I shouted.

The man grinned and got hold of my arm toughly that it hurt me badly. His calm and funny mood was already beginning to slip.

His voice toughed and he replied, "Enough of this, lass. I 'ave been way too patient. You stay 'ere or we will 'ave to force you."

I tried to make him free my arm and struggling, I yelled, "You are not making me stay anywhere! Let go of me or I am going to scream and the whole world will come here!"

The man laughed and replied, "Oh yeah? I am scared! Sorry, lass, but this is an isolated place. It's pretty quiet here and almost nobody is around. So no one can hear you."

I was already screaming but the man got hold of my other arm as well, thus making it difficult for me to get free. I struggled harder but I could see Jason as well approaching to help his boss, Frank. Upon the struggle, I was accidentally pushed to the wall, hitting my head hardly. The blow was so sharp that the image of that big man and Jason were slowly blurring out, and I gradually lost my consciousness.

Last edited by Love on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Awww poor Rosaline. Sad

I'm a bit confused on something. Is Frank a human (based on the dialogue and all)?

Bryan: No, my Rosaline! How could people be so cruel to you? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:15 am

Ooops. Sorry about that, I fixed it. I guess I wasn't really focusing when I wrote that chapter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:28 am

Chapter 16: Little pain, more fear

I was sleeping deeply and soundly, fading into darkness. I felt so heavy, and had a perhaps a terrible headache. I felt I could sleep forever.

It was sudden when I felt a cold drop of water on my face, falling on it gently. It made me begin to wake up from my deep slumber, and I began to open my eyes, softly and slowly.

Another drop of water fell on my face and it made me wake up a bit more. I opened my eyes wider and slowly my vision began to clear out. I could see everything blurry at first, but soon it became cleared.

The first thing I saw was a short blonde-haired girl who looked relatively young and incredibly innocent. She looked at me curiously at first, but then as I began to open my eyes, she looked a bit scared. Backing out a bit as I got up, I put my hand on my forehead in pain.

The girl looked really scared. And as I looked around, I noticed that I was in a very small room. It was dark and somehow cold, too. There were drops of water falling down on my head from the ceiling, as I felt. I looked at the girl again and she approached me – yet very carefully and somehow with a scared look – and touched me with her finger on my arm gently, then quickly backed out before I could react.

In a soft voice, she whispered, “You are…a devil?”

I wondered if it was a surprise to her that I was actually a devil. She looked as if she has never seen a devil before. To my surprise, though, when I looked at the girl carefully and realized her ears, I was surprised to figure out that she wasn't a god. No, she was a human!

But nodding slowly to her, I replied, “Um, yes, I am. Who are you?”

The girl looked scared still. Taking a few steps away from me, she whispered slowly, “I- I am no one. I am nothing.”

I was surprised by her answer. What the heck did she mean by she was 'nothing'?

I tried to soften a bit towards her so that she wouldn't be so scared so I replied,
“Umm don't you have a name, sweetie?”

I could hardly believe I ACTUALLY used that word. It just wasn't a part of my nature.

The girl's fear lessened a bit as I could tell. She approached me a bit and replied,
“I- I do. My name is TINA.”

I smiled a bit at the girl to comfort her a bit and lessen her fear. I replied, “That’s a beautiful name, Tina. My name is Rosaline.”

She approached me a bit and slowly whispered, “You are not…harmful?”

I was a bit surprised by her question but I shook my head and replied, “No, I am not. At least not to those who would treat me nicely.”

She approached me until she was at a touching distance. She looked a bit more comfortable although careful as well.

“Ummm so where am I?” I asked, looking confused and looking around, wondering where the heck I was or where were Frank and Jason.

Tina looked scared again as I asked where I was. She asked, “Umm don’t you know where you, lady are?”

I shook my head and raised an eyebrow, replying, “Of course I do not. Last I remember is being with a fat, large man and a boy. They tried to kidnap me or something but then I blacked out. And now I wake up, I find myself here with you. What happened?”

The girl replied, “Ummm well, when you passed out after that fight with Sir Frank, he brought you here and asked us to take care of you until you get better so that you can be one of us.”

I was even more confused somehow angry. Did that have something to do with the whole enslavement thing?

“What do you mean by that? And who do you mean with ‘us’? I see no one but you.”

Tina showed a sad look and then looked behind her at the small, dirty door. Turning back to me, she whispered, “Umm, they are scared.”

I looked at the same door and I saw some small, fear-looking children peeking. They looked young and innocent as was Tina. I couldn’t help but feel pity for them and wonder what they were doing there.

Turning back to Tina, I asked, “Tina, why are you here? Are you one of the children enslaved by that jerk Frank?”

She looked very scared as I called Frank a jerk – who certainly deserved to be called that way – and quickly put her small, pale hands on my mouth, as if to shut me up. She whispered, “Shush! Please don’t say that. If Sir Frank heard you, he might punish you and punish me with you.”

I looked surprised at her. Were the children really scared off that much by Frank? Was he THAT scary? I wondered why he enslaved all of those poor children. Was it really only because he wanted someone to work for him and get him money to live?

I nodded and whispered, “Alright, don’t worry then. But tell me. Does he really make you work for him? Are you a slave for him?”

She removed her hands off my mouth and sadly nodded to me. In a soft voice, she replied, “I have no choice. I am a weak human and I have no powers, not like you. I’d never seen a devil before but I know they can use magic. I’ve come with my parents to the gods’ world two years ago. My father was a god but I am a human like my mother. Unfortunately, my parents were killed by some thieves and I was the only survivor. Sir Frank found me and told me that he would take care well of me if I work for him. I had no choice but to accept since I had nowhere to go and I knew nobody in the gods’ world. But I don’t get to be treated well here and the same goes for my friends. I wish I had powers to defend myself, too.”

Her eyes teared up and I felt so sorry for her, being treated cruelly like that at such a young age. I couldn’t help but hug her close to me to comfort her through her pain, and she cried in my arms softly. I wondered how much similar her problems were to mine. I didn’t lose my parents – well, at least not my father – but I lost who is even more precious. I’ve been back stabbed by someone whom I thought is really close to me- Rosalind, my sister. What more pain could I feel than being betrayed by her? And I’ve lost Sebastian, who was the world to me. And she, she lost her parents when she was so young and has been enslaved by that jerk, Frank. And not only that, but she was being treated really cruelly and badly. I kept holding her in my arms, doing my best to comfort her.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Awww poor Rosaline. I feel so sad for her and for Tina as well. Sad

(BTW, Bryan begged me to come back while we're still at the Internet cafe. Razz )

Bryan: My poor Rosaline. I want to hold her and comfort her. How could the world be so cruel to my love? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 am

This is supposed to be an incomplete chapter but it's been a while since I've updated so ya. XD

Chapter 17: Sorrow

Tina continued to cry in my arms as softly as ever that I could hear soft, sweet sobs. The more her memories became painful, the more she sobbed and cried. I held her close and never got away from her. Eventually, her cries had to end and she wiped her tears with her pale hands.

“I am very sorry,” She said, looking down innocently, “You are new here and...and you still have a tough way ahead.”

I looked at her gently and replied, “Don’t worry, its ok. I understand what you are going through.” But then my gentle expression changed to a serious one. “How does...Frank treat you exactly?”

Although she was calm a few seconds ago, her teary eyes returned again the moment I asked her that question.

“He treats us horribly,” She replied, “He is almost heartless, a man who cannot be moved no matter what. He forces to work for him on cold, dark nights. Sometimes we can sell matches, flowers or newspapers. And if one fails to sell well and get a good sum of money, he or she gets slashed by Frank and sleeps with no dinner. He gives us very little to eat and very light clothes. That’s why most of us are always sick. We are very tired and badly-treated but...as much as we want to get away; we are very scared because if he found out that one of us tried to get away, he might have no mercy on him or her at all.”

I felt pity for Tina and her companions, those little children being treated so cruelly and mercilessly. I hugged her gently and replied,

“I- I can’t believe that Frank is that heartless. But I don’t see that he treats that boy called Jason cruelly at all. Is there a reason for that?”

Tina looked scared and slowly nodded.

“Jason, unlike us, has his own way of pleasing Sir Frank.” She replied, this time in whispers, “I- I suspected something a while since Jason always comes back with lots of money for Sir Frank but I didn’t really believe that he got it from selling what Sir Frank gives him. So one day, I followed him and actually, I found out that he was a pickpocket, a very good one actually. However, I didn’t dare to tell Sir Frank or anyone, because I was scared. Please, miss, please keep my secret.”

I nodded to her and replied, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. But that jerk. Why isn’t he afraid of Frank like the others?”

“Jason is older than us all,” She replied, “He has more courage than us but he misuses it. If he was as good and noble as you are, we wouldn’t have been here now.”

I wondered why she would say that. Why if Jason was a good boy, Tina and the others wouldn’t have been locked and enslaved by that Frank?

“Why do you say that? Does Jason know a way to get out?” I asked curiously.

She shook her head and replied, “No but he could have at least protected us from Sir Frank. But as you see us, we are here treated like dogs.”

At that moment, a few children came out of the door they were hiding behind. They were all young and dressed in very poor clothes. They looked at me innocently yet they had some sort of a scared, sad look. They were in total – as I counted – seven or eight children. There were girls more than boys as well. They stared at me for a while but that didn’t last for long.

Suddenly, the front door slammed open and we all saw the young pickpocket, Jason. He had a sly grin on his face and harshly, he approached us.

“You!” He yelled, addressing the young children who immediately looked scared as he yelled at them. “What are you doing here?! Go to bed! You have work tomorrow or have you forgotten?”

One of the children – who was young black-haired girl – went to him and knelt before him innocently.

“W-We are sorry, Jason. But some of us are very hungry and...and it’s very cold.”
But although the girl had a sweet look and a lovely tone, it couldn’t move Jason’s heart- if he had any. He roughly pushed her on the ground and said,

“Get up, girl! If you can’t face life’s hardships, then you don’t deserve to live! Get up!”

The girl wept but she dared not talk back. She immediately along with the others ran away, afraid of Jason and Tina as well, did not dare to stay.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:05 am

Awww, the poor kids. Man, Frank and Jason are just so cruel. Sad

But on an interesting note, those guys remind me of a couple of people in real life. Kinn should definitely read these latest chapters.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 am

Woot, update. By the way, I just noticed that the categories are back. lol

Chapter 18: Hard Choice

I felt like taking that jerk by the collar and smashing his head into the wall but unfortunately, I couldn’t. As much as I wanted to, I felt too weak and he would have certainly beaten me if I tried to. Instead, I stayed silent, looking at him angrily.

“Ooh! You look very angry, girl,” He said, approaching me, “you are not enjoying your stay?”

I tried to control myself and as calm as possible, I replied, “Enjoy it? Who the heck would enjoy such an airless place?”

He laughed and soon he was very near to me. He knelt down and got hold of my arm roughly, yet he was grinning as much as possible.

“You would soon get used to it, I fear,” he replied as he forced me to stand up, “since you are Sir Frank’s now.”

“I am not anyone’s!” I replied angrily, trying my best to make let go of my arm. “I am only for myself. I do what I want and what I wish.”

“But that, I am afraid, will not last for long,” he replied, still holding my arm roughly and dragging me with him to the door, “you will work for Sir Frank even if you don’t want it.”

I did my best to get free but because I was still not in my full strength and because Jason was physically strong as I felt, it was hard for me to get away.

At length, I soon found myself in front of the biggest jerk, Frank. He was still as calm as he was and there was no sign of anger on his face. He first ignored my presence and spoke to Jason.

“Did the children go to bed?” He asked.

“Yes, sir.” Jason replied, “I have made sure well of that.”
“Good boy,” replied Frank, “Indeed, very good boy. Well, Jason, would you go to bed now? I and the lass ‘ave business to take care of.”

Jason nodded and without any word, he let go of my arm and left, shutting the door behind him.

“So, so, so. Enjoyed your little sleep, lass?” He asked with a sly smile. I felt very angry but I decided not to hide my anger.

“It was because of you I fainted,” I replied, “And it was thanks to Tina I got better.”

His expression did not change and as calm as ever, he replied, “Oh you mean the little slave girl? She indeed is one of the most faithful slaves I have.”

“Don’t call her a slave, you jerk!” I burst out angrily, no longer controlling myself, “Tina is just helpless, unable to help herself and the other enslaved children.”

Unexpectedly, he did not become angry when I called him a jerk although I expected him to. Instead, he asked,

“Dear lass, why do you think those little slaves can’t ‘elp themselves?”

I couldn’t really answer the question because I had no answer on mind.

“Because they can’t. They can’t survive without my ‘elp. They work and for that, they get an ‘ome and food. Certainly, if one would disobey me or work for no benefit, they would be grounded. But if you can’t survive life’s ‘ardships, you do not deserve to live.”

It was the same phrase I heard from Jason but that didn’t bother me. I asked,

“But they can run away from this cruel life you make them live and find another place.”

He laughed out loud for sometime and his laughter was so loud. At last, he calmed down after a long laughter.

“Oh, you are funny, lass. Where would they find another, better place? This place as you may ‘ave noticed already is very poor and this place is isolated. They won’t find a place better than ‘ere. And you know, to get outside this village, you ‘ave to find some safe transport since outside is only forest and danger.”

I knew now why were the children so giving up to their hard life. I realized, too, that I may not be a different case. I didn’t want to go out into the forest and I was sure I wouldn’t find a place in this village, too. What I ought to do? Should I have given up to that poor life where I would be a slave, or run away into the forest just to perhaps get eaten by a wolf or a lion?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:10 am

Ooohh a cliffhanger. I wonder what Rosaline will end up deciding. Wink

And I saw the categories back, too. lol
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Chapter 19: I am a slave

I realized that there was no other choice. It was all clear. I could not go back to the forest on my own and the village I was in was very poor and the people weren’t really welcoming at all. I had no other choice but...accept living with Frank.

Partly, yes, I wanted to keep myself safe and that’s why I decided to stay. But another part of me wanted to stay with those children and protect them; because I felt much pity for them. They needed someone to protect them from that big jerk Frank and Jason of course wasn’t that one.

I didn’t know how to reply at first but soon, I decided just to blab it out. As soft as a mouse, I replied desperately,

“It...it looks I have no other choice but to...” But he didn’t give me a chance to continue. He laughed out loud before I could murmur a word more.

“Finally you admit it, lass!” He said, after calming down from his long laughing. “And finally, I ‘ave a new slave.”

It was true that I accepted staying there but I could not allow – and would not – being called a slave. Angrily, I yelled,

“Watch your words! I am slave for nobody. It’s true that I accepted staying here, but that does not mean I am your slave. I will...I will work for you, but I cannot allow me being called a slave.”

He laughed out loud again and I was a bit enraged. Soon, he yet calmed down again.

“Oh, lass, I’ve never seen a funnier lass that you are! What do you ‘umans call people who work for you?”

“I am not a human,” I replied, keeping a frown, “but we call them...slaves or servants.”
He frowned and replied, “Well, ‘ere lass, I call you whatever I want, whether you like it or not. You work and you get food and a place to live in exchange if you worked well. But you also get punished if you get nothing for me. So work well and behave well, girl, if you want to stay ‘ere for long.”

I groaned and replied, “Fine. But I have a condition or as you would like it to be called, a favor.”

“Ooh! Ask, lass.” He replied.

“If I work enough for you, you will help me get out of here and go back to my home.”

Although I doubted he would, he gave me a sheepish smile and replied, “Very well, lass. I will think about that. Who knows! Perhaps your wish will become true.”

‘It will come true.’ I thought to myself although I doubted my thoughts as well.

He led the way to a dirty room where I saw the other children sleeping soundly. They looked very tired and cold as I could notice, but I tried not to. He showed me to a small dusty bed and told me that that was where I would sleep.

I laid down on it but I had no desire to sleep. The bed was hard and it was made of hard straws, I think. But that was not the real reason. I was overwhelmed by many thoughts. I was so sad, so depressed, and so lonely. I missed Sebastian and I missed Rosalind, even though she had betrayed me. All our good memories together...I couldn’t forget them. And oh, Sebastian, my love! How much have I missed you!

My thoughts overwhelmed me and soon I found myself weeping without realizing. I did my best not to let out any sound, however, so not to wake up the children. However, I soon felt a hand touching my shoulder. I felt scared at first
that I dared not look around. But soon, I heard a pleasant voice, a male voice whispering,

“You are ok?”

Sorry for this short update but you can never guess how hard it was to find time. lol

And I'd like to hear Bryan commenting. ^^
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:10 am

Ahh it's ok on updating. I understand how it is being busy and all. ^^ And now time for Bryan to comment. Wink

Bryan: Awww my poor Rosaline. How she must have suffered so. Sad Uhhh who's the guy? This chapter sure left on a cliffhanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Devil - Novel   The Lost Devil - Novel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lost Devil - Novel
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next