Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
A Sweet Treat EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
A Sweet Treat EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
A Sweet Treat EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
A Sweet Treat EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

A Sweet Treat EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

A Sweet Treat EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
A Sweet Treat EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

A Sweet Treat EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

A Sweet Treat EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Sweet Treat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

A Sweet Treat Empty
PostSubject: A Sweet Treat   A Sweet Treat EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 4:29 am

This is another LLTQ-based story I posted on the forum of Hanako Games a while.  I submitted this entry for the Christmas presents contest and ended up being one of the winners.  However, I never posted it here so I'm doing so now.  XD  This story is loosely based on Love Where Least Expected, specifically occurring between the two main events in that story.

Enjoy.  ^^

A Sweet Treat

Dressed in my usual royal attire, I was walking down the hallway back towards my room.  I had just finished taking care of some royal matters that needed my attention and was grateful that I finally had a break and some time to myself.  All I wanted was to return to my room and take a much needed nap.  By now, I should be used to being a queen but there are times when it feels overwhelming and much more so now that Dad returned to Caloris and I had to take on more responsibilities by myself.

Once I reached my room, I flopped down on my bed, waiting for sleep to overtake me, when I saw a small brightly colored present set on my dresser.  Sitting up, I looked at it carefully, wondering where the present had come from.  None of the servants had told me earlier that I would be receiving a package and remembering from past experiences where not all brightly wrapped gifts brought good tidings, I was a little skeptical to open it.  However, upon closer inspection, I saw that there was a small note attached to the card which said,

A sweet treat from your one and only apple thief

Recognizing the handwriting, I smiled to myself and then called out,

“Evrard, are you here?  I want to see you.”

I heard the sound of footsteps quickly approaching me from behind and before I could turn around, a pair of warm strong arms gathered around my waist.  I felt a warm breath near my right ear and Evrard quietly said,

“Hey, Elodie.”

I turned around and smiling at him, I replied,

“Hey, yourself.  How did you get here?”

Evrard looked at me with that cheeky grin of his and replied, “You should know by now.  Take a guess.”

Looking thoughtful, I replied, “Well, if I were trying to sneak on the castle grounds without the guards noticing, I would have hidden myself in a clump of bushes and figured out when the guards would change rotation.  Then I’d take that opportunity to sneak on the grounds and make sure not to get seen.  Finally, I’d find my way to my bedroom window and using the nearby trees, I’d climb up carefully and then sneak in unseen.

Now tell me-how did I do?”

Evrard chuckled quietly and replied, “Very good guess.  Yup, that’s what I did.”

Looking at the present, I replied, “So you came all this way to give me a present?”

Evrard grinned and replied, “That and to visit you.  I did promise that I would visit you more, right?  It was hard, what with all those soldiers, but I found a way.”

I smiled and replied, “I see.  Well, now that you’re here, you can watch my reaction as I open this.”

I reached out to unwrap the present and once I took off the wrapping paper and bow, I saw a small-sized tin container.  Then I opened the lid of the container and to my delight, I saw that it was a delicious assortment of chocolate and pecan cookies.  I turned to Evrard and said,

“You’re the best, and these smell so good!”

Evrard replied, “Only the best for you, Elodie.  Try one-I made them myself.  Pa’s been helping me with making delicious cookies and I think I finally got them right.”

I nodded and taking a warm, chocolate chip cookie, I took a small bite.  Indeed, it was the most delicious cookie I had ever tasted, even better than the ones that Evrard’s dad made.  I looked at Evrard and said,

“You really made these all by yourself?  They taste like heaven.”

Evrard replied, “You really like them?

I nodded enthusiastically and replied, “Of course.  They’re the best cookies I’ve ever eaten.”  I paused, realizing something, and then added,

“But is there a special occasion for giving me cookies?  It’s not my birthday or a holiday or anything.”

Evrard chuckled and replied, “Do I really need a reason to give you cookies?  But if I had to have one, I guess I could tell how stressed out you’ve been and so I thought a batch of delicious cookies would cheer you up.”

I giggled and replied, “I can’t get angry over that reason.”

I gestured for Evrard to eat the cookies with me, as there were a lot and there was no way I would be able to finish them all in one sitting.  As I sat next to him, enjoying the cookies and his company, I thought about how our friendship had only grown and gotten stronger since our first meeting.  I gazed happily at him, feeling a warmth and caring that I had so rarely experienced.

Evrard noticed me looking at him, for he asked,

“Is there something wrong?”

I shook my head and smiling, I replied, “Not at all.  I was only thinking about how happy I am that I didn’t let the guards arrest you for stealing my apples.”

Evrard laughed and replied, “Me, too.”
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

A Sweet Treat Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sweet Treat   A Sweet Treat EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 am

Aww I liked it a lot. It was cute and I loved how Evrard left the present for Elodie to find out later. Adorable. XD

And congratulations on being on of the winners. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

A Sweet Treat Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sweet Treat   A Sweet Treat EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 4:57 am

Thankies.  ^^  I forgot to mention but for that contest, I had to include Elodie receiving a present which was why I couldn't use my other LLTQ story so I just wrote this one up instead.  XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Sweet Treat Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sweet Treat   A Sweet Treat Empty

Back to top Go down

A Sweet Treat
Page 1 of 1