Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Remove the guilds? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Remove the guilds? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Remove the guilds? EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Remove the guilds? EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Remove the guilds? EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Remove the guilds? EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Remove the guilds? EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Remove the guilds? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Remove the guilds?

Go down 
5 posters

Remove the guilds?
Yes
Remove the guilds? Vote_lcap60%Remove the guilds? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Remove the guilds? Vote_lcap40%Remove the guilds? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:37 am

Hi all,

So I am going to put a simple question here and hopefully get answers from you, people. Currently, you know there are a group of guilds for members to join and that they must have a minimum post count of 500 posts. However, I am thinking about removing those guilds. Why? Well, to be honest, there isn't any real activity in any of the guilds right now. (Actually, the whole site has been quiet lately ._.) There are a few members in the guilds and there is hardly anything up and about. So I am thinking about removing the guilds, and perhaps make them come back if the site ever becomes as lively as it was. (Oh those days. T-T)

If this happened, if the guilds ever came back you people won't have to re-join. Those who were already in a guild will automatically return to it.

So keep the opinions coming~
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:37 am

Hi Love,

I was surprised after reading that you're considering removing the guilds. I admit that I have mixed feelings on the matter. I can see both pros and cons to keeping the guilds. For me, it honestly doesn't matter either way and I do agree that the guilds have been quiet. I blame myself for that since this summer has been busier than I expected and then when I get a little free time, something else comes up. O_O

If you do want to remove the guilds and then later put them back, I'd totally support that. Some of my friends have told me that in general, guilds can be worse rather than better because they can cause tension and conflict (I'm thinking of what happened on a certain other site that shall remain nameless). But I don't think that's the same case here.

I do think that the guilds have been quiet because we don't have a lot of members in them. I mean, each guild has at the most two members so there isn't much that can be done.

So maybe we can focus more on other activities here first but keep the guild forums in place? Or maybe take away the guild forums but still keep the guilds (I mean, the members who already joined a guild would still keep their guild designation-that's how it used to be on the "other" site-guild forums were more recent).

Since I have mixed feelings about this, I guess I'll stay neutral? But just my opinion, perhaps part of the reason the site has been quiet is the trend that people are spending their online activity on nowadays. (But that's a discussion for another time. lol) Anyway, I think if we have at least one finished game here, then we can get more members. ^^

This is just my opinion, of course, and I'll totally support whatever you decide, Love. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:40 am

I see your point but I am not quite sure what to do, you know. lol The forum has been actually very quiet and the guilds never actually was important or had some real role. I was thinking of removing them since they seemed to be...out of place? Or useless? Not sure what is the right word. lol
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 am

Hmm I see what you mean and perhaps it's more important to organize activities that all the members can be involved in. I'm having an idea. lol Like if the guilds are removed, maybe we can organize an activities committee so they can help come up with fun activities for the site? Something random that popped in my head. lol

But getting back on topic, I suppose it's best to wait for more opinions on this topic and to get input from both guild and non-guild members.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:44 am

Yeah, I guess. But nobody is hardly ever coming here these days except you and me. T-T
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:47 am

Hmm I suppose I could make an announcement over at the SFG group on Facebook to encourage more members to come back. Also, I was planning on waiting to do this but I could advertise on my status message to ask my friends to join SFG and to participate. I did want to wait until either Lucky Guy! or The Gifted Child was all done but if you'd like me to start the shameless promotion early, I'll see what I can do. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:49 am

Hmm well, since nobody is here...*looks around*

I did tell you this on Twitter already but for the people watching, I am almost done with a short game. Not as long as TGC or LG, but still (hopefully) enjoyable. I was planning on finishing it, beta-testing, etc then releasing it to the all RPG forums. This could get us some more members, no?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 am

Ahh true, true. That would be wonderful. ^^ And also, I'm going to go ahead and send a group message on Facebook, as a way to indirectly ask members to check out SFG again. Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:52 am

Yup, yup. But that would only work if the game is good enough. D: Wish me luck. xD
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:00 am

Ahh of course. I'm sure the game will totally rock. ^^

And I sent that mass message to the members so hopefully that'll bring some of them to come back here more. Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:05 am

Yays~ I'll try to do some shameless promotion on my part, too. I've been putting the link in my signature everywhere. ._.
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am

I vote for removing the guilds. This is because I feel that there is no point having a guild especially there is just less than a handful of people in it (like my case-- The Chaos Masters) As nice and fancy the guild and the guild titles would be, it is just another "status" since there's nothing I could do alone for the time being and I've been quite worn off from work and all so I have not been visiting here as often as I intended to.
Back to top Go down
Stardale
Stardale

Male
Number of posts : 529
Title : Archon of the Skies
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 am

Yeah, I think you should remove the guilds for a certain amount of time until you have gathered members. Without members, the community will be as dead as a graveyard. I guess you will need to arrange a lot of things first (like the games, and the forums), then when a lot of members are here, then maybe you can re-introduce the guilds.
Back to top Go down
http://winchystardale.tumblr.com
adept
adept

Number of posts : 798
Title : Bladedancer
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:17 am

Well, if there aren't any difference whether or not you're a guild member, then I don't think there's any need to have guilds, but whatever.
Anyways, people rarely logs in here anyway, since each time I visit this forum, no-one else is online
Back to top Go down
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:49 am

@Adept
That's because there are only a handful of active members here and since we are from different time zones and stuff like that so we all log on at various time. Now that I work all day, I barely have time to check everything like what I used to do.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Okay, left this open for some time. Guilds will be removed till we get more members, which will hopefully happen soon~

Thread Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remove the guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the guilds?   Remove the guilds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Remove the guilds?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: Administration :: Suggestions and Feedback-
Jump to: