Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 1:01 am

Hi all,

Since I had the chance to see the new Harry Potter movie, I thought it was time to write a review of it. For those who haven't seen the movie and don't wish to be spoiled, then don't read any further. This review will contain spoilers. Wink

Now I did miss seeing The Order of the Phoenix so I may be missing a few things. However, I still got the general idea of what the Half Blood Prince was about. ^^

Basically, in the beginning of the movie, we see Harry Potter back in the muggle world. He's reluctant to return to Hogwarts (presumably after the events of last year) but Dumbledore finds him and convinces Harry to return. Along the way, Dumbledore and Harry visit one of Dumbledore's old friends, Professor Slughorn, who was once a professor at Hogwarts. Although reluctant at first, Slughorn eventually agrees to return to teaching.

There are many events that happen in this movie, including developing relationships among the characters, including Harry. However, I would say that the main focus here is on the relationship between Harry and Dumbledore, which is more like a friendship relationship. It is revealed that Dumbledore is looking for a way to destroy Voldemort once and for all and with Harry's help, they find out that they need to find Horcruxes-seven to be exact. Two of them have already been found but five more are still out there. Harry and Dumbledore do find one-a pendant-but is later revealed to be a fake Horcrux.

I won't reveal what happens at the end of this one although I do warn that it is a little sad. There's a bit of a twist as well with regarding one or perhaps two of the main characters, which I'm sure the mystery will be solved in the next movie.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Half Blood Prince. It kept me engaged and I didn't feel that it dragged on. I love watching Harry, Hermione, and Ron and what troubles they get themselves into. Also, this movie felt complete, leaving me very satisfied and happily awaiting for the next movie. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 am

Ooh sounds interesting. ^^ I watched the commercial for this movie on TV earlier, and it looked really nice (although freaky, as usual lol). They also said that this new Harry Potter movie has gotten the first top place on the top 10 movies.

Man, makes me really wanna see it although I only watched three of HP's movies. (I think I watched the Order of Phoenix, too, but I can barely remember what it was about. XD)
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:52 am

Ahh I see. I think I know what you mean about the commercial (assuming that it's the same one that they showed here). I didn't think it was spooky as more like really exciting. ^^

I think it helps to watch the other HP movies although it's not really necessary. If you've read the books, then that you definitely don't need to have watched the other movies. But this one tops of my favorite HP movies although my next fave would be the Prisoner of Azkaban. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:54 am

I think I watched the Prisoner of Azkaban, too. Was it the one where Harry and Hermione had to go back in time to save someone (whom I can't remember his name lol)?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 am

Yup, yup, that's the one. And I think the person whom they had to save was Sirius Black. ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:57 am

Ooh I see. This one was the best one I watched out of the three I watched, too. ^^ I can't remember what was the other two about, though, although I remember a girl ghost in the bathroom. lol
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am

lol Yeah, the one where there was the girl ghost in the bathroom was The Chamber of Secrets. Actually, in Half Blood Prince, there is a reference made to the The Chamber of Secrets regarding the horcruxes. Wink

Let's see. If I remember correctly, the HP movies that have come out so far are the following:

The Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half Blood Prince

Since I haven't watched Order of the Phoenix (I was really busy at the time it showed so I had no opportunity to see it), I'd say that out of all of those, my least favorite was Goblet of Fire. I felt that one dragged on. lol
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:06 am

Ahh that's right. I am pretty sure I watched Prisoner of Azkaban and Chamber of Secrets but the third one I watched, I am still not sure. lol It's either the Order of the Phoenix or The Sorcerer's Stone, though.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:11 am

Ahhh ok. Well, I can tell you that the Sorcerer's Stone is about Harry discovering that he does have magical powers and thus is taken into Hogwarts. There, he makes friends with Ron and Hermione and they discover a magical item called the sorcerer's stone which Voldemort (with help) tries to get his hands on.

If it doesn't sound familiar, then it's most likely that you watched Order of the Phoenix, which I heard was good. Then again, it doesn't surprise me since phoenixes naturally rock. Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 am

lol I totally get what you mean. Razz

And hmm, that doesn't actually sound either familiar or non-familiar. lol But if Harry's parents appeared as ghosts or flashbacks or something like that, then perhaps that is the one.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:16 am

Hmm let me see. In Sorcerer's Stone, I do remember that there was a flashback of Harry's mom being killed by Voldemort. Also, in Hogwarts, Harry discovers this mirror and when he looks in it, he sees his parents. I don't know if Order of the Phoenix had the same things?
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 am

Ahh then that's probably the one I watched. And I just remembered that this one is supposedly the oldest one of the movies (I think so, anyway) and I watched it when I had like ten years or something. lol
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:19 am

lol I see. Yup, Sorcerer's Stone was the very first movie. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince   Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: General :: Anime, Books, Movies, etc-
Jump to: