Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings Empty
PostSubject: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 am

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings WGAOERLogo-1
Chapter 1: The stolen Necklace.

Story: Eliza a soon to be named witch was sent out to visit her Grandmother out in the little village of mayleaf. on her way she bumped into a guy who looks like he is in a hurry, without helping her up he just ran away. before she could even say a thing she noticed her necklace gone which was her pass for being named. she then decided to take a side quest and get her necklace back. on her adventure she bumped in more trouble than what she expected.

[This game is only very short, im planning on finishing this game for 3 months. im quit very busy so 3 months is my goal. the game might be 30 or less minutes short. this might be only a demo since if i get freed up im continuing on adding more to this game.]

Characters:

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings Eliza
Name: Eliza
Little Info: Eliza is family loving girl, she will be turning 18 in a few months and will soon be named. she likes long walks in parks, sunlight in the mornin and reading a book by a river.

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings Avalon
Name: Avalon
Little Info: Avalon is a good looking thief. he was abandoned as a child and grew up on an orphanage. since he was never adopted he leaved the place when he was 14, he then started stealing for a living.

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings Ci9
Name: Thanatos "K9"
Little Info: Thanatos also known as K9 by the public and many of thieves. He is a Bandit King. he is a legend for thieves and a menace for the royal guards, He has been hunted by the royal guards for years and has about 2000 gold coins bounty on his head.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Ccoa for her UMS
Diego for his CMS
Cait for the faceset re-colors.
polraudio for the battler re-Color
Atoa for the side view battle system.

Progress:

Maps - 7%
Script - 40%
Story 5%
Characters - 60%
Resources - 90%
Eventing - 2%

Last edited by ~Aya~ on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:11 am

Overall, the game is looking really nice but there are somethings that need to be improved here.

Firstly, I'd say be careful and don't neglect grammar and spelling in game. "but mum, me and Alice has some things to do." should be "But Mum, me and Alice have somethings to do."

Also, the mapping isn't looking very well. The first map in particular is a little plain and empty, and the windows light is mapped wrongly. Look more into the tileset and you will figure things out or read some more mapping tutorials.

In the second screenshot, I love how the menu looks but isn't it way too long? I am sure there is no need for a special tab for gold, time and location. Try reducing those options.

In the third one, try adding more flowers and stuff so that the pic won't look too green.

Anyways, I love how this game looks and I especially love the characters. Also you might reduce the saturation on Eliza's hair in the sprite since it looks a little too bright.

Good luck with this game. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:31 am

first. yeah the mapping kind of S**** im trying to fix it but i tend to overdo it and end up filling it with stuff. the first map yeah the window light looks funny. on the second map it looks empty but on the side of it is really full of trees, very overdone. on the third one, it a swamp so i think flowers won't be good, but i will try to manage to fix and add more to it. thanks for pointing things out, will fix it.

second Grammar, not good at it really, so sorry. will try to fix that. i think i might need grammar and dictionary books with me as i make the game.

third, the hair? is it too light for the character sprite? well i couldn't find a darker yellow pallet, that's the darkest, if i go darker i will end up with grayish yellow. but if its the battler then i think i could manage to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

Ahh oops. I messed up between the second and third maps and switched them. lol

Anyway, what I meant is that you should add more flowers to the forest one, not the swamp one. In any case, try not to overdo it and not leave it empty as well. Balance between looks and gameplay.

For grammar, it's ok to make mistakes and all but you might try a dictionary just to make things understandable. Be careful with the punctuation, too. ^^

And the hair in the sprite, try darkening it a little. It isn't so bad now but I feel it's brighter than the image in the faceset.
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:42 am

oh, ok will try to darken the hair, and the maps will try to fix it too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am

Ahh that's good. Here's the right way to make the windows' light:

Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings 79712155
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:26 pm

oh pretty interior mapping, now that light looks more realistic. will work at it, my tutor still hasn't logged in for like two weeks now so i think i will get some tips from you.

Edit!!

ok re-mapped the house, and the grammar.
Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings Mapretry

the hair, i couldn't really fix it. i couldn't also find a darker palette for it. so guess it will look that way. but if i figure out to fix it will do.

the menu couldn't be edited too. the script was fixed and i couldn't remove any part of it. the other map will be re-mapped since its too small.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:07 am

Ahh that's much better. There is a space before the beginning of the sentence, though, better remove it.

And it's ok about the sprite, it's doesn't matter much. ^^
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:46 am

ok, lol the first maps i made took only less than 5 minutes. now im squeezing my creativity on how to make my re-maps look not empty and not overdo it too. i think it will take me a day to finish one map.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:07 am

Hi Aya,

I got a chance to read the game description as well as take a look at the screenshots. It looks interesting and fun. Do you anticipate when you might have a demo ready? Smile
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Well i got lots of things to do plus im re-mapping so it might take a while like two months or so, but if i got many of my works done i might finish it early.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings   Witches Guide: Adventures of Eliza Rings Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: The RMXP Forums :: Project Discussion :: Early Projects-
Jump to: