Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Hidden Object Games EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Hidden Object Games EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Hidden Object Games EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Hidden Object Games EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Hidden Object Games EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Hidden Object Games EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Hidden Object Games EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Hidden Object Games EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Hidden Object Games EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hidden Object Games

Go down 
+2
~Aya~
phoenixgirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Hidden Object Games Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 am

Hi everyone,

Looks like we need to revive this area a bit. So I thought about the above topic. This will be more of a fun debate but still, it's a good one to go around. Wink

As some may know, I am a huge fan of time management games so I know which ones are good vs. which ones are disappointments. However, the trend for popular games has turned to hidden object games or more commonly known among gamers as HOGs. (Among gamers, time management games are called TMs.) The name speaks for itself but basically, in HOGs, the player searches for hidden objects in the game and there are puzzles to solve. Some popular HOGs include the Dream Chronicles series and Nightshift Code. Although I am not usually a huge fan of HOGs, I tried out the Nightshift Code sometime back since it was on sale on Playfirst and ended up really liking it. Not only does the player search for objects, he/she also has to solve puzzles, decipher codes, etc.

So here's the debate. I'd like to know why HOGs are popular in people's opinion. I've observed that Big Fish Games carries a lot of these types of games around now. Some have complained that there are too many HOGs and not enough TMs or other types of games on the market. I'm partial to TMs but HOGs are cool, too.

So any thoughts, opinions on this topic? Smile
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 am

im a big fan of HOG's mixed with adventure like the MCF series and Mortimer Becket. im into slow games like this. im the opposite of you PG i sometimes don't like TM its hard for me, i go more with slow type games.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nile
Miss Nile

Female
Number of posts : 60416
Title : Miss of The Grand Nile
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:04 am

Personally, I like TMs more than HOGs. TMs are more fun to play plus they have more graphics and types of playing. I admit that sometimes I get annoyed that every game has the same typical type of gaming like, 'Choose your level, play it, choose upgrades until the end.' It makes it somewhat boring. But overall, I love TMs because of the graphics. ^^

I am not a huge fan of HOGs, though. I admit they are fun to play but with my weak vision, it's hard to play. lol One of the HOGs I really liked, though, is Murder Women Club. It was very fun to play and the puzzles were really awesome. Also, I liked that the dead women pics (What do you think? It's called Murder Women Club!) weren't too scary or too fake. They looked real and in the same time not violent. I really loved that game. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://snowrosegames.forumotion.com
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:08 am

i really liked that game too, the graphics are really great, everything connecting with a Chinese organization right. its a really good game.
Back to top Go down
Kinnison
Kinnison

Male
Number of posts : 842
Title : Master Hunter
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 am

I think TM is more better a game than HOG I think since it needs you to think of the strategy and reflexes.

Well, of course since I'm making a TM game, I should stick to TM Razz
Back to top Go down
http://kinnsproduction.ipbfree.net
ELIE-3173
ELIE-3173

Female
Number of posts : 2026
Title : Lady Xάος (Khaos)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 am

I like TM games more ^^ HOGs maybe fun at first because finding the objects are tricky but after a while it can be frustrating or boring after you failed to find something for the X-th time. Same goes for TM games about the failing the objective part, but TM games are more fun as it requires some sort of strategy to reach your goal where HOG sometime is a bit random, you can be staring at the very object you were finding and not know what it is. xD happen to me several times.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 am

@Love:

I know what you mean about HOGs and vision. My vision is pretty good but for me, I just don't have the patience sometimes to search for all of those hidden objects. Razz

@Kinn:

Yup, yup, I agree with you there. I love TMs because they require fast reflexes and I can react pretty quickly. Smile
Back to top Go down
lillyofthewest
lillyofthewest

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:45 am

I do like HOGs if they have a good story as well, I loved Ravenhurst was generally creeped out by it Mystery Case Files combines humour and adventure. I guess the appeal for me is in the searching, and the rewarding feeling I get for finding them, often they lack the intensity of TMs because for me the time allowances are very generous but I feel I'm using my brain more or a different part with the HOGs rather than the blind panic I feel with the TMs Wink
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:09 am

@Lily
yeah, i feel the same way too. i like use my brain more on HOG's because some of the games has puzzle after the end of a chapter or something like that. for me MCF has the best story line of HOG's, if nancy drew was also a HOG it would beat the story line of MCF, but i more think Nancy Drew is a adventure game.
Back to top Go down
lillyofthewest
lillyofthewest

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am

@Aya, Yep the mini games really add something to it, have you played Ravenhurst? The part where you have to solve the puzzle to undo the locks are really quite challenging, infact those were my favourite parts of the game Laughing
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:44 pm

well i still didn't play the two ravenhurst, i first played Madame Fate and got curious about the story lines and played the first till the next, and now i will buy rven hurst when i get more money for online surveying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Games   Hidden Object Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Object Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: General Discussion :: Debates and Serious Discussion-
Jump to: