Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Any Suggestions or Improvements?

Go down 
+2
IreneFaye
phoenixgirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Any Suggestions or Improvements? Empty
PostSubject: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:19 am

Hi all,

Now that the Member of the Month event is officially underway, I'd like to ask you all what you think about it. If there are any suggestions, questions, or improvements you'd like to contribute, I'd really appreciate them. I'm always looking to improve upon anything that I start so any feedback (whether positive or negative as long as it's constructive and all that) would be wonderful. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 am

I think this is such a nice idea! It can motivate the member here to be more active. Hmmm. . ., I think this event should be goes to the member of this site, since well, you know bassicaly Admin and mod will be active here more than theother member, so it's not fair right, so I think it's better if this event only open for member, and if you want to put admin and mod became famous, I think you should make Admin and Mod for the month, where the member choose with a polling who's the best admin and mod for the month.
Well, tha's only my idea though.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:15 am

Hi Yuu,

Hmm, I might consider that idea. There aren't really many mods or admins, though, so we'd eventually run out of them. And although I'm an admin here, it would be silly for me to interview myself. lol

But I'll take it under consideration. Smile
Back to top Go down
IreneFaye
IreneFaye

Female
Number of posts : 2885
Title : The Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:26 am

Well, what about we make a threads with a poll in it, and give the right to vote to the member of the site. They can choose their favorite admin or mod in this site, and when we found out the result in the end of the month, we gave the right to the member again to interview the winner! What do you think?
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. So do you think we should let members vote on who should be the member of the month? I'm not sure since there aren't a lot of members here yet but maybe we should read what some others think about this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:42 pm

maybe we can have some type of vote and debate, reasons why someone should be member of the moth are very important. id be pretty much like our own election Smile
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:13 am

Hello Kaisuto,

That is an idea I'm willing to consider as well. Since the forum is pretty small at the moment, though, that may be difficult to implement at this time. Currently, the way that I'm picking those to be Member of the Month is based on availability and activity. Availability has a slightly higher priority only because some members may not be able to come at certain times and such.

Hopefully, this place will have more members and then we can use your idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaisuto
Kaisuto

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Title : Wondering Sage
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 6:38 am

id invite my friends here but they are hackers, thats not a very good idea lol!
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 7:54 am

lol That's ok then. No worries. Razz
Back to top Go down
Melian
Melian

Female
Number of posts : 247
Title : Angel of Peace
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 2:10 am

Well since there are quite few active members, I think the order of them in the months is not too important because relatively soon there will be everyone's turn. So I think it doesn't matter much in which month which member would be interviewed. Let just Love or Phoenix pick someone randomly [except for members who are inactive around that time and haven't logged in already for a couple of weeks or so] and send them a PM asking if they agree with it.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:14 am

Hi all,

I'm reviving this thread since I didn't want to go too off-topic for Kaisuto's thread. (It's supposed to be for him to congratulate him and to ask any questions for him.)

Now I read that there are a few concerns on how I select a member to be a member of the month so I'll do my best to explain. Smile

So far, this is what I've done. For the first member of the month, I chose Love, which made sense to me because she is the founder of SFG and it only was logical for her to be the very first one and I think others here will agree. Now Yuu was the second one because she is an older member and also, at the time, I knew that Yuu doesn't come here at certain times so I wanted to make sure that I had her interview in since otherwise, it would be quite a while before I could get to her.

Now I chose Kaisuto to be this month's featured member for a few reasons. The main reason is that I wanted some diversity and there had been no male members interviewed yet. Also, Kaisuto is an active member here (I think he joined pretty early on although I'll need to check on the joined date again). Although he doesn't have as high of a post count as some others, I don't necessarily look at post count to be a factor. I like to see how active a member is based on the quality of posts, if they've made new threads, how much they've contributed to the community, etc. I do understand that this system can be subjective and I won't disagree on this. Now if the community grows to a sizeable number (and I hope for that to happen), then we can have a different way of choosing the member of the month-perhaps a secret ballot or something like that. But at the moment, since it's still pretty small, I just randomly choose members.

So I hope that everyone understands how this process works and I try my best not to favor one member over another. Now to be honest, I don't know who next month's member will be yet. Usually I decide this early on but I'm a bit conflicted at the moment since I am busy with real life things going one early this month. I have a couple of members in mind but I haven't decided yet. Hopefully, I will soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
-Jester-
-Jester-

Male
Number of posts : 155
Title : cUte gUy
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:23 am

well, it just looked like you were favoring people. well anyway it would be great if the member of the month would be voted out like we pick three candidates that fit the month and let members vote between that three. its ok if we have a few active members the voting process will be a month so not that active members will still have their chance to vote. well anyway that's my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 am

@Jester:

Someone else made that suggestion as well. I believe Yuu did so please in the future, take care to read the posts in a thread instead of just repeating what others have already posted.

But at the moment, because there are not a lot of people on the forum, a voting system would not be feasible. However, if there are more members here, then that can change.
Back to top Go down
-Jester-
-Jester-

Male
Number of posts : 155
Title : cUte gUy
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:54 am

well ok then.
Back to top Go down
Rzuzakini
Rzuzakini

Female
Number of posts : 87
Title : Cookie Lover
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Nice idea you could use it now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Suggestions or Improvements?   Any Suggestions or Improvements? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Suggestions or Improvements?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Rose Games :: Administration :: Contests and Events :: Member of the Month-
Jump to: