Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? Empty
PostSubject: The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not?   The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:56 am

Ok, I made a thread here before but I deleted and Love knows why. lol Anyway, I'm reposting it. Wink

I wanted to bring up a new discussion here-this time, it's about commercial games and whether they are declining in terms of quality. After personal experiences as well as observation, my thinking is that they are.

For starters, there are some companies out there which are taking shortcuts to creating their games by intentionally making their games shorter. I suppose it's more important for them to earn money than to see about the quality of a game but so be it.

And then there are companies out there which release games quickly but they're full of bugs and typos that they shouldn't have been released that quickly. I had a personal experience recently with Sandlot Games and the new Cake Mania game. It was released way too quickly since I've been checking on their forums and customers have reported bugs and typos. Now this irritates me because I know in the past, Sandlot has made it a point to send a focus test so that potential customers can report any bugs. But this time they didn't. (I don't know if it was laziness or something else.) Also, a very loyal customer to the Cake Mania series publicly posted that this game isn't worth $20. The concept is good (and I agree there) but because of the bugs and typos, it looks more unpolished than anything else. Dumbfounds me as to why a company would release such a game. Makes one think that they care more about earning quick money than the quality of a product. Also, I had an unpleasant experience with Sandlot's customer service. Basically, they blamed me for "misunderstanding" their preorder offer when they clearly told me something different so it was more deception than anything else. (And I want to make it clear that I have bought games directly from Sandlot in the past.) Suffice it to say that I won't be buying any more games directly from them. -_-

Anyway, those are my two cents on the topic. What does everyone think? Do you agree that the quality of commercial games is declining? I'm curious to read your thoughts. ^^
Back to top Go down

The Decline of Commercial Games-True or Not?
Page 1 of 1