Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.
Snow Rose Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Passion and Fun Meet

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE MOVED! "www.snowrosegames.webs.com"
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Games

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 152 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Love! ^^
My First Major Project EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm by phoenixgirl

» The Assassin
My First Major Project EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:33 pm by phoenixgirl

» Romance RP
My First Major Project EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:50 pm by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, phoenixgirl!
My First Major Project EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:56 am by Miss Nile

My First Major Project EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 pm by phoenixgirl

My First Major Project EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:00 am by phoenixgirl

» Happy Birthday, Love!
My First Major Project EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm by phoenixgirl

My First Major Project EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm by phoenixgirl

My First Major Project EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 pm by phoenixgirl

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My First Major Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anarch

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-05

My First Major Project Empty
PostSubject: My First Major Project   My First Major Project EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:10 pm

This is my first Major Project, and currently it's only in the conceptual stage. I need to learn to program, make music, and do spriting before I can even think about putting this plan into action. Likely my first games will be tetris, pong, and pacman clones, for experience before I move up to something of this ambitious level.

Harry Potter RPG: Complete.
A complete RPG style game of the Harry Potter series.

The reason I wanted to do this was the Prisoner of Azkaban game for the GBA was an RPG, and although it was short, and not really feature intensive, it was still my favorite of all the ones I've played so far. I want to take that concept and expand it, both in features, and in content.

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Ideas
Custom Character: After the main game is finished (the HP books) or perhaps even before that, you can create your own character, including physical and non-physical traits (gender, body shape, house, hairstyle, and favorite subject, physical and magical ability, likes/dislikes(which may impact stats, and how they improve)

Learning: You can choose to adventure Hogwarts, or you can choose to go to the library and study, or you can do any number of other things inside and outside of Hogwarts.

Side Quests: There will be many places to go and things to do, and even once you go through the game, there will still be things to do. I hope to make the game as open as possible.

Time system: I'll be making a time system, that the player will have some control over. If they want to slow time down to real time (where one minute in the game is one minute in the real world) they can, or if they are waiting for a certain time, or day, they can speed up the time to something more like thirty minutes in game is one minute in real life.

Re-do system: For people who want to "grind" aka build up their skills, I'm going to implement a secret area, which will let them go back to the start of the year, while keeping their skills. Or for people who really enjoyed that part of the game, so they can play it over again.

Romance: A date sim-esque meter for each member of the opposite sex (or same sex) you can improve through conversation, gifts, and side-quest
style dates or other experiences.

Post-Hogwarts: End of Year Seven seems like the end of the game, but I want this to be an open ended game, so I want there to be something to do after Hogwarts, if not just letting the person go back to whatever year they want and look for secrets and side quests.

Skill System: I'm implementing a skill system similar to Ultima I believe, where your skill in an area grows by practicing. If you study transfiguration in class or in the library, your general transfiguration level will improve. If you practice a certain spell, that spells level will increase. Perhaps over time, if someone predominately practices a certain spell, or a certain branch of magic, the others may suffer, to keep people from becoming masters of magic in all areas, to make it more interesting.
Back to top Go down
phoenixgirl
phoenixgirl

Female
Number of posts : 62234
Location : Somewhere in New Domino looking for the love of my life ^^
Title : Hoping to be Yusei's greatest love
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Project   My First Major Project EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 am

Ooohh this sounds like an interesting project. I'm curious to see how this game will go and I can't wait to try it out sometime. Smile
Back to top Go down
~Aya~
~Aya~

Female
Number of posts : 2150
Title : Angelus of the Gates
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Project   My First Major Project EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 5:03 am

souns interesting. harry potter based. great can't wait to try it out...
Back to top Go down
talia
talia

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Project   My First Major Project EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 am

so are you working on it??

Sounds really nice Smile
When can you realese the first demo i really wanna try it out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Major Project   My First Major Project Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Major Project
Page 1 of 1